Keeping strawberries fresh

Page 2 / 2
esther-anne, Dec 23, 7:15pm
Still think my way (actually filched from google) is marvellous.And so much less time consuming than anything else I have read-into jars, shut tightly and don't let anything, including water, near them until just before eating - and voila!

Works for me.

Have as wonderful a Christmas as you can everyone on Recipes and roll on 2013 and more cooking shows!As well as happiness, good health and prosperity of course!

kaddiew, Dec 24, 2:45am
Anyone in the Paraparaumu Beach area looking for last minute strawberries: 4 Square store at the beach has loads of still-firm ripe ones for $1.99 punnet.

sarahb5, Dec 24, 3:04am
I picked mine on Saturday - they are still looking absolutely perfect in my large Tupperware box lined with kitchen roll and with the lid just resting on the top.

The ones that were very ripe but too luscious looking to resist have already been eaten - well you have to have a taster don't you!

anne1955, Dec 24, 3:06am
3 punnets for 5.00 at our local 4square today straight out of the morning markets.could even jam them at that price ;)

supra_luva, Dec 24, 5:48am
Make sure they are dry and not damaged . Put them in a sealed container (plastic is ok) in the fridge and they will keep at least a week. Dont need a single layer or paper towels.