Chocolate strawberries

flier3, Dec 22, 3:55am
Okay, so I have to take a plate out to brunch on Christmas Day and I'm really nervous about doing them, having never done them before. I thought I'd do them early in the morning. Any tips for me? Saw in one recipe to add in a small amount of vegetable oil. The only kind I have here is coconut oil, would that do? Many thanks.

nauru, Dec 22, 9:42am
That would be fine flier. I sometimes add a little coconut oil to my dipping chocolate. Once dipped, chill them in the fridge to set. I've spent most of today chocolate dipping truffles, making chocolates and chocolate coating cookies. Tomorrow will be spent gift wrapping some of them.

flier3, Dec 22, 5:26pm
Many thanks, nauru - I'm beginning to ;panic here - never done them before. My offering to take Christmas mince pies to brunch was not acceptable. Have made 100s of them over the years, but apparently kids don't like them, hnce them being turned down!

flier3, Dec 22, 7:21pm
When could I safely make these? Was thinking it would have to be on Christmas morning?

flier3, Dec 24, 6:07am
Well I;ve done the deed and they are now in the fridge setting. Just to make sure they are okay I tested one and they wil be just fine. Al the sweat and tears for nothing at all!

lj1422, Nov 13, 4:08pm
Was just going to say they would be fine to do today. I used to make batch lots of them for work