Frozen Strawberries

mich78, Nov 28, 2:29am
Apart from smoothies, any uses I can use them in baking!

wildflower, Nov 28, 2:33am
I do smoothies but I've also used them in tarts and just thawed first.

kiwitrish, Nov 28, 2:43am
Jam.

245sam, Nov 28, 2:54am
Not baking, but have you thought of using the still-frozen strawberries for 'instant incecream"!:-))

245sam, Nov 28, 2:54am
Not baking, but have you thought of using the still-frozen strawberries for 'instant icecream' !:-))

elliehen, Nov 28, 5:59am
INSTANT STRAWBERRY ICE-CREAM ~ ALISON HOLST

For 3–4 servings
2 cups frozen (diced) free-flow strawberries
½ cup icing sugar
about ½ cup chilled cream, milk or yoghurt

Chop berries into 5mm–1cm cubes. Fruit must be frozen hard, free-flow and in small pieces when used. Tip into food processor bowl. Work quickly to keep fruit very cold. Process with metal chopping blade until fruit is finely chopped (10–20 seconds). This is a noisy operation. Without delay, add the icing sugar and process briefly until mixed.

With machine running, add the chilled liquid of your choice through the feed-tube in a fine stream, until a smooth, frozen cream has formed. The amount needed varies from batch to batch. Stop as soon as the mixture is evenly textured and creamy.

Serve ice cream made with chilled milk or yoghurt immediately. If made with cream, it may be frozen for later use if desired. Options: Experiment with other berries, berry mixtures and cubed raw fruit. Berries with many seeds are not successful and bland fruit does not make memorable ice cream.

southerngurl, Nov 28, 6:20am
I put them in my muffins. frozen strawberries and cream cheese

gardie, Nov 28, 3:00pm
Have done this too but I chopped the frozen strawberries up a bit first.You could just use a blueberry muffin recipe.Alison Holst has one I tried a couple of years ago (I think it was her) that had cream cheese in it - you beat it up with the butter from memory, then added the strawberries.

carlosjackal, Nov 28, 5:35pm
STRAWBERRYCOULIS

1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice

1. In a medium saucepan, combine the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Transfer to a blender.

2. Purée until smooth, strain, and set aside. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.

mich78, Nov 28, 7:34pm
I have a couple of great recipes to try, thank-you!I was just last night thinking of a coulis that I had seen been made on tv.