best ever chocolate cake and so easy

Page 2 / 11
wron, Dec 14, 3:07am
Bumping 'cause it's so far down and I'm intending to make it!

winnie15, Dec 28, 11:22pm
bumping so it doesnt disappear

griffo4, Dec 30, 11:37pm
Thanks Hooksie60 for that recipe l made it and cut it in half and froze half and then had to get it out a couple of days later when the first lot vanished, lol.
Yes it is a lovely moist recipe and everyone loved it.
l got lots of comments about how moist and tasty it was.

jackcabbage, Jan 1, 10:26pm
Could this awesome sounding recipe be done in a casserole dish.

jackcabbage, Jan 4, 1:32am
Thank you thank you thank you, i just made it and its just awesome. its the most moist and easiest cake i have ever made and it makes a huge cake. cheers MR j. c

shyly, Jan 4, 1:53am
I make that one too! Not too much sugar, especially if your icing it as well :O)

luckyduck, Jan 5, 4:22am
Have just made No1's cake. Turned out very large. I am going to take it to work for morning tea tomorrow. If it tastes as good as it looks it will be a big hit.

solar_gal, Apr 24, 5:31am
This is a FAB recipe, so moist and scrummy! Beware it is large though :)

tulip280880, Apr 24, 5:44am
... I make this cake regularly too... I use self raising flour instead and leave out the baking powder and I only use 2. 5 cups of sugar because the icing I put on the cake is sweet enough...

Turns out perfect every-time... It's the best!

fruitluva2, Apr 24, 5:46am
Will give these twoa go especially as its a large batch. Thanx for posting

raureti, Aug 8, 2:17am
Am just trying out this yummy choccy cake - how easy is it, can't wait

gardie, Aug 8, 8:05am
First recipe I've seen that's got such a standing ovation. I'm going to try it next baking day.

kcak, Aug 8, 10:14pm
I made it for a friend's b'day and it got rave reviews from everyone - including visiting Italians who thought it was the best cake ever! Thank you hooksie60 :-)

By the way, I made a large cake and had enough for 12 muffins (and they are the richest & softest muffins ever! )

amarni1, Aug 9, 7:17am
do you need baking soda in this cake? My DH hates the stuff and won't eat anything I make if it includes it. Can I just miss it out? What does it actually do being that there is also baking powder in it?

manthy89, Aug 9, 7:36am
my easiest choc cake recipe, i have made it since i was about 6:
7oz sugar
6oz self raising flour
7oz butter or marg
3oz cadburys drink choc
3 eggs

mix all togeher and bake for an hour gas mark 5
sorry i use the wrong metric system ;)

keirae, Aug 10, 4:41am
What icing did everyone use on this cake? Have just made it and not sure what icing to use :)

jaybee6, Aug 11, 7:44am
Mad this cake but thought it sounded a hell of a lot of cocoa so I only used a small cup and it was still fairly dark Glad I didnt put the amount stated. This is an awesome cake. Tonight I cut into big squares cut through the middle put a dab of lemon curd and whipped cream put the two tog. cream on top with flake choc hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wow yum what a lovely desert with a little liquid choc sauce around plate. My friend has a resturant and wants that on her menu. Thanks a lot. Love it.

tarshlove, Aug 11, 8:51am
This is the best recipe ever I love it and everyone who has tasted it has loved it. Awesome!

briarferris, Aug 12, 5:08am
bump so I don't loose this before I copy some of these down ;)

catlover28, Aug 12, 9:21am
Wouldnt the hot water produce an extream weight?

hooksie60, Aug 13, 3:28am
I am glad so many people have enjoyed this recipe as much as I do. its the easiest and never fails. and sure to impress your friends and families they won't believe you made it.
Another thing I have tried with this recipe is it makes great muffins and if you want to really impress cook in two tins once cooked and cooled put cream on one the pop the other on top very naughty but nice... . . happy cooking everyone

lynja, Aug 13, 5:54am
sounds great.
a recipe i 'made up' and have been using lately for my icing, is a couple of tablespoons of butter - melted with some chocolate chips (about half a cup), icing sugar and hot water. i melt the butter and chocolate chips and add the icing sugar and hot water to mix to the right consistancy. makes a nice firm icing.

rayna4, Aug 13, 9:21am
Just made it. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmy! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! -
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

jimness, Aug 16, 2:34am
another keeper -I made two cakes and 12 cupcakes from this recipe, and they are lovely and light and soft - so everyone is happy, oh and I cut the sugar down to 2 1/2 cups and it is fine. Thanks for sharing.

hooksie60, Aug 16, 8:32am
great to see you all using this recipe in different ways. Its good as a loaf as wellIt May seem like alots of ingredients but makes alot and goes a long way so whether you make I huge cake or split it up the choice is yours. Happy baking every one