marinated mussels

lucytoo, Apr 24, 4:43am
husband has just come home with a big bag of mussels. some will go on the bar-b tonight but i want to know about marinating. after i steam-open them - anyone got some yummy recipes for marinating? how long will they keep once in the jar?

margyr, Apr 24, 5:50am
yum love them on the bbq, here is a recipe from another thread for marinating them, not sure how long they would keep though. ... . . marinated mussels are easy peasy. . google. . but i use spice vinegar. . brown sugar and sliced red onion. . bring to boil (quantities to taste) and simmer for round 5-10 mins. . then i pour over mussels ive steamed and removed from shell
Quote soundsie1 (278 )8:52 pm, Thu 22 Apr #20

beaker59, Apr 24, 6:22am
We just steam them open then shell into a bowl a splash of Sweet Thai chilli sauce and a couple of glugs of malt vinegar give it a stir and into the fridge its good for a few days but rarely last that long.

wetwillie1, Apr 26, 1:21am
I steam open, take out of shell and layer on a baking dish, chop up onion until very small diced, add to dish, melt garlic butter and pour over, sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs and grill until bubbly gorgeous but then I am a garlicholic

fisher, Mar 4, 10:14pm
x1
Try these for something a little different
Mussel Marinade
1 cup ofwater the mussels were boiled in... 1 ~ 2 tbsp of Honey. . 1/2 cup wine vinegar...
Warm these ingredients until the honey is dissolved and then pour over mussels and add some finely diced onion and chopped parsley.
Mussel Marinade( version two )
1 part wine vinegar. . 1 part cider vinegar. . 2 parts water. . 1 clove of garlic crushed. . Sprinkle sugar to taste. . Diced onion if you wish. .