Parmesan mussels?

coconutbuns, Jan 20, 10:32pm
I know I can google this but wld rather ask the others in here about these mussels I tried at a restaurant once, cooked in the shell and grilled with coating, I tasted breadcrumbs and parmesan. Anyone have the recipe? Also curried mussels with coconut cream. Tried that too. yum. I feel like mussels today, any more good recipes out there? :)

ikadude, Jan 20, 11:59pm
Hi, we have our mussels a similar way with breadcrumbs. Put them in a pot with a little water, till the shells open easily. Remove them from the shells, and then lay them back in a half. We make our own breadcrumbs in a whizzer with a few cloves of garlic. But if you don't like it add what ever you do like, along with salt and pepper. Melt a decent amount of butter and combine with the crumb mix, and spoon a bit of it on top of each mussel. Sprinkle with cheese and bake until golden and crispy. Hope this helps.

coconutbuns, Jan 21, 2:03am
thank you ika! I haven't got a whizzer but I'll just try it with those ingredients you mentioned and might first cook the mussels in wine, use that leftover wine in my fridge

fisher, Feb 18, 11:49am
I have only ever steamed my mussels in a steamer pot over boiling water, stirring until they open and then individually plunged directly into cold water in the sink for a few seconds... remove the mussel, clean up and set aside in a half shell... In a small saucepan, melt some butter, add some crushed garlic and finely chopped parsley and a small sprinkle of peri peri, a pinch of white pepper and mix well.. lay out your mussels in a roasting dish and spoon the mix into each one... sprinkle on a little parmesan cheese and then some grated tasty cheese.. Place under the grill until all melts and serve....