Coffee

wildflower, Dec 13, 2:50am
Not exactly a recipe but I thought it deserved a mention to the fine folk in recipes.I just bought 2 packs Caffe L'affare Christmas Blend coffee from their website for $8.40 a pack and they donate $4 to Wtn City Mission.

I don't work for them or anything, I just thought a $4 donation was really generous of them and a worthwhile cause at this time of year.Not everyone can have a big, merry Christmas.

mwood, Dec 13, 3:10am
Let's see . . . . so they overcharge you $4 then give it awayhmmmmmmmmmm

wildflower, Dec 13, 3:12am
That's fairly comparable to supermarket prices.

sarahb5, Dec 13, 5:22am
My local roastery makes their own Christmas blend - I buy it every year and it's delicious but it is part of my Christmas present from my brother this year so I won't get it until Christmas Day.Do you know if they are selling the Caffe L'Affare Christmas blend in the supermarket!

wildflower, Dec 13, 6:48am
I'm not sure, I'm signed up to their monthly email and it was mentioned in there.Just figured it was a win win, I get coffee while hopefully helping someone else out:)

It's just in plain packaging with a tag so probably not in supermarkets I'm guessing.

thewomble1, Dec 21, 12:19pm
There is a fair trade supplier based in Chch and sells through TM that sells 1kg for $29 and delivers free. Lovely fresh tasting.
No I don't work for them.just use their coffee

245sam, Dec 21, 12:49pm
thewomble1, is there a particular blend of there's that you would recommend!
We prefer a strong dark coffee with a full-bodied flavour so are wondering if you have tried Blend 4.5 and if so, what did you and yours think! TIA:-))

thewomble1, Dec 21, 1:35pm
He sells about 5 or 6 different blends.he has sample packs.tell him what you want and he will supply.
You could mention that wayne from wellington recommended him (anton)
Yes to 4.5 blend.that is the one I use.
www.izon.co.nz.

245sam, Dec 21, 8:09pm
Thanks for that thewomble1.

I did a search and found this # #543922558- can you please advise if this is the TM trader that you're referring to or is this another one!:-))

thewomble1, Dec 22, 9:14am
Yep that's the one.
Hope you enjoy your cup of coffee.
He couriers the order and needs a signature. As I am often not home I arranged with Anton and the courier company to leave without signature.