Can you heat up chicken brought from the deli?

Page 1 / 2
marsmoontrademe, Dec 10, 1:49am
I have brought some cooked chicken in a vaccumsealed bag from the supermaket, is it ok to add to pasta and heat in the oven!

245sam, Dec 10, 1:55am
marsmoontrademe, is there any use by date on the chicken!Assuming that it is still fresh and that the supermarket chicken was properly refrigerated both before and after you purchased it I would think that it should be ok to "add to pasta and heat in the oven" but you must be sure to thoroughly heat it.If you have any leftovers from your pasta + chicken meal I would advise that you do not reheat the chicken again.

Hope that helps.:-))

lilyfield, Dec 10, 5:43am
Buy -bought bought
Bring brought brought

How hard is this to learn!

elliehen, Dec 10, 5:54am
It bugs uli too ;)

People of German/Dutch origins find it easier because of their strong and weak verbs.German has bringen, brachte, gebracht, so it's easy to remember that there's an "r" in there.And "to buy" is kaufen - a very long way from bringen.

Native English speakers, with buy and bring, have to deal with past tense bought and brought being very similar.

Give the colonials a break, you two!

nfh1, Dec 10, 6:43am
I particularly enjoy the posts which criticise spelling, grammar or punctuation.Especially if they make a mistake themselves - too funny!

nfh1, Dec 10, 6:45am
I would re-heat it, as long as there was no warning on the pack to advise not to do this.

davidt4, Dec 10, 9:07am
A few years ago someone here said that they had cooked something "brought up" from the deli.Avariation, I suppose brought about by the increasing use of redundancies such as "cooked up", heated up", "crisped up" etc.

nzhel, Dec 10, 12:56pm
I like 'draw' & 'drawer'. Often see furniture for sale with 'draws'.

uli, Dec 10, 11:37pm
Great to see myself included in this thread about brying :)

purplegoanna, Dec 11, 2:45am
yip i do, i take my cooked chickens home and put them straight in the deep freeze for 30mins to cool right down then they go into the fridge to be used cold or reheated at whim.no issues.

lynneandella, Dec 11, 3:26am
It's easy to remember

Brought and bring both have br and bought and buy both have a vowel for the second letter

knowsley, Dec 11, 6:26am
Almost as funny as you talking about "jo-jo" dieting.

dibble35, Dec 12, 7:57am
I get mucked up with prostrate, and prostate. I work in a garden centre so often have to tell customers if the plant is a prostrate growing type, really have to stop and think before I say the word.then I still get it wrong some of the time. DUH!

kcc55a, Dec 12, 9:54pm
LOL! She didnt criticise when somebody spelt her name wrong as the title to a thread. That would bug me even more.

uli, Dec 13, 5:56am
"She" didn't criticize!
Who is "she"!

davidt4, Dec 13, 7:02am
Lilyfield's user name was misspelled in the heading of a thread in Travel.

uli, Dec 13, 8:09am
Oh!
And that warranted a post here!

accroul, Dec 13, 6:01pm
OP brought it from the supermarket BECAUSE she didn't eat it there!

dreamers, Dec 13, 6:32pm
OP brought it from the Delias opposed to bought at the Deli .I don't see a problem.

marblicious, Dec 14, 3:51am
Yes. How did the OP get the chicken from the supermarket home!
She bought it then she brought it.

uli, Dec 14, 9:06am
OK - in REAL English it would be:

I bought it at .
or
I brought it to .

But it would never be: "I brought it from the supermarket" .

Sorry to say - that is NOT English - but some sort of slang.

And to say that the OP ".brought it from the supermarket BECAUSE she didn't eat it there!." is just bullsh*t! Yes she brought it into her home because she bought it at the supermarket .

BUT she BOUGHT it at the supermarket (and didn't bry it there!) - if she ate it in the carpark or not!

accroul, Dec 14, 9:02pm
I am offended that you think it acceptable to take umbridge to my post with such thinly veiled use of profanity when my post was made in jest - as was the majority of other posts to this thread. It's a pity but one single word has devalued my respect of you.

toadfish, Dec 14, 9:16pm
My thoughts on the matter.

Does it really matter! the original poster came on here to find if something posed a food poisoning risk.
What she didn't come on here for was a grammer lesson.
We are not all blessed with good spelling or grammer, but some are blessed in other ways - like. off the top of my head.
"Accepting people for who they are and showing respect"

I always say to my girls, "Feel sorry for those who need to make others feel bad in order to make themselves feel good - they are just sad sad people"You will come across these people in the playground, the office and. on public message boards - rise above them.

holly-rocks, Dec 14, 9:25pm
I couldn't agree more toadfish!There are some very serious people on these boards! BIG LOLS

mellaboosh, Dec 15, 2:20am
Oh dear lord! Some people need to get out more!