Chicken carcus soup question

tajarn, Jul 16, 9:24pm
i have a chicken carcus here and im hoping to make a chicken and vege soup with it but im not sure how too any helpful tips will be helpful please..... do i just boil chicken add veges ??do i need a stock?and last but not least how do i get it not to get so greasy or have that fatty stuff on top thank you 4 listening:)

ferita, Jul 16, 9:27pm
Boiling the frame with vegetables is basically making a stock.

You skim the top to remove the fat

gaspodetwd, Jul 16, 9:55pm
Boil the carcass with onion, celery, carrots, a few peppercorns and a bay leaf. Then allow to cool and skim off the fat and discard. This makes the stock.
Then use that for soup. Chicken and vege or chicken and sweetcorn or whatever.

tajarn, Jul 16, 9:58pm
thank you:)

jessie981, Jul 16, 10:19pm
I boil altogether & add powdered chicken stock too.

karenz, Jul 17, 3:47am
If you boil the veggies up with the raw chicken frames they will get way too messy, it is better to chop to tops of the celery and chop up a carrot, leaving the skin on, and add an onion cut in half, then when the chicken is cooked take the lot out throw away the mushy veggies, strain and boil the stock and remove the scum from the top, then add freshly chopped onion, carrot and celery and soup mix if yuu want to add bulk.Season.

winnie231, Jul 17, 4:09am
I simmer the frames (I like to keep them in the freezer until I have 3 or 4) in a large stock pot with vege ends (celery, carrot, parsnip, ...) & peelings (tip from Fisher - keep your peelings & ends in the freezer & waste nothing), unpeeled garlic, roughly chopped onion, a bay leaf or 2 and S&P for a couple of hours. Strain, pick the bones clean of any meat & keep to one side. Keep 1 litre of stock out for your current soup & freeze the rest in 1 litre portions.
From there follow your favourite chicken soup recipe ... farmhouse chicken, chinese chicken & sweetcorn, chicken laksa, ... & add the saved meat before serving.

liamjosh, Jul 17, 6:44am
I boil the carcus for an hour or so then remove chicken and bones with a strainer.Sometimes I add powder chicken stock while it is boiling, Then I add an assortment of grated, finely chopped veges - onions, celery, leeks, potato, carrot etc.I also add a can of tomatoes and a packet of kings alphabet soup (for the little one) when cooked, add chicken off the bone, season with salt and pepper and done.... my families favourite with fresh bread or rolls.