Truffles

makespacenow, Dec 4, 11:55pm
Just made some truffles following Willie's recipe. My my they will definitely not make it to the x-mas gift baskets they are just divine!
Highly recommend. Just make sure you triple the recipe if you want to give some away.

bedazzledjewels, Dec 4, 11:59pm
Is this made with his cacao! Much sweetening in it! BTW - the offer is due! I feel a BIG order coming on.

makespacenow, Dec 5, 12:11am
So do I checking the fb every couple of hours as due to untimely arrival of our baby i missed the last one!
250ml cream
150g caster sugar
180 g cacao chocolate
I followed the tip of soaking raisins in rum (alas not venezuelan)
I may play around with the recipe and reduce the sugar next time as I do find them sweet but they are addictive!

bedazzledjewels, Dec 5, 12:15am
Probably with raisins in it it doesn't need any sugar at all. I love things soaked in rum!
I must get his book out of the library again. You know that he's coming to NZ next year for the Chocolate Festival!

makespacenow, Dec 5, 12:19am
Where is it and when please!

bedazzledjewels, Dec 5, 12:20am
It's in Wellington in August I think. Hopefully coming to Auckland too.

Here's the Festival website -
http://www.chocolatefestival.co.nz

makespacenow, Dec 5, 1:11am
thank you ;)

willyow, Dec 5, 4:34am
My latest batch I added half a cup ofblitzed roastedhazelnuts - took them to a whole new taste dimension. There's something about the flavour combination ofroast hazels anddark chocolate.

willyow, Dec 5, 4:35am
My new truffle-making hobby is doing nothing for my waistline though.

makespacenow, Dec 5, 5:53am
i am bf my baby so can get away with a lot atm bus;) but had to stop at few rum ones as started to feel lightheaded.
Thinking of trying white chocolate and dried cranberries/raspberries soaked in home made limonicello.

bedazzledjewels, Dec 5, 6:07am
Willie's white chocolate is amazing - it even smells of chocolate. Bit expensive though. ;-)

willyow, Dec 5, 6:13am
A good coating for truffles is string coconut - you put it in a frying pan (nothing else) and stir it non-stop for a while until
half have gone brown - wait till they are cold- dip youtruffles inmelted chocolate and spoon this over them - yummy

makespacenow, Dec 5, 6:22am
have not tried that yet.tempted to try the new pearls though

bedazzledjewels, Dec 5, 6:32am
Oh yes - they will be incredible.

makespacenow, Dec 6, 12:17am
bedazzledjewels
a question for you - my last batch of truffles didn't set. Not sure why, never had that happen before. Still bit like super thick yogurt. Where have I gone wrong (or could it be the cream!). And is there a way to fix it or do we just have a lot of thick chocolate sauce!
TIA

bedazzledjewels, Dec 6, 12:26am
Either way it would be delicious!
Maybe the ratio of cream to chocolate is a bit unbalanced!

makespacenow, Dec 6, 12:30am
I actually followed the recipe this time.dh laughed saying things always work when I don't measure or follow a recipe just guess.this time i thought I would follow and here we have a gooey mess.i guess kids can have it with berries and banana for dessert.

griffo4, Dec 6, 7:14am
Where do you buy Willies chocolate from please!

bedazzledjewels, Dec 6, 7:19am

angheenan, Dec 6, 7:33am
Does anyone have the Edmonds recipe for apricot balls with dried apricots citric acid orange juice and icing sugar!

makespacenow, Dec 6, 7:41am
offer coming this weekend!
I re heated the mix and added some dark whiskers chocolate and it is setting in the fridge now.looking way thicker.so yet not enough chocolate/too much cream.