Cooking chocolate

bedazzledjewels, Nov 1, 10:10pm
Has anyone seen where to buy Whittakers Ghana Pips from! They come in 2kg bags apparently.
I've tried contacting Whittakers direct, but no reply.
TIA.

bedazzledjewels, Nov 3, 10:15pm
I eventually got a reply from Whittakers.
Sadly it's only available wholesale - Gilmours, Toops, Trents, Bidvest or Moore Wilson.

elliehen, Nov 3, 10:23pm
Why not just smash up the big blocks!

uli, Nov 3, 10:26pm
Just get an account with Gilmores. You would be surprised what else you can buy there for 20% of the retail price LOL :)

vampiriousmist, Nov 3, 10:29pm
Ive been wondering about the pips for a while too ! What's the real point in advertising them if you cannot buy them in the supermarket. .

bedazzledjewels, Nov 3, 10:42pm
I suppose being in a 2kg bag, they are quite expensive. The advantage of them is that you've got even sizes for quicker melting.
Uli - I didn't know the average person could get a Gilmours account! Though I assume anyone can buy from Moore Wilson in Wellington.

kiwibubbles, Nov 3, 11:33pm
yep anyone can buy from Moore Wilson in Wellington with the MW card. I've seen those pips inside MW- can't remember how much they were though - sorry! lol

elliehen, Nov 3, 11:38pm

vampiriousmist, Nov 3, 11:44pm
do they ship to auckland ! :P

bedazzledjewels, Nov 3, 11:50pm
Thanks everyone. It looks like I'll be grating chocolate. ;-)
At least I can buy it on special.

ribzuba, Nov 4, 12:01am
are you talking about the cocoa nibs! if so sabato in auckland shoudl sell them as mercato here does and they are part of sabato

bedazzledjewels, Nov 4, 12:02am
That'll be the expensive Valrhona brand though won't it! I was looking at Whittakers Ghana Pips.

ribzuba, Nov 4, 12:27am
yeah, it is valrhona, but it is worth the price.they are very good quality.taken from better quality plants and areas and processed differently to whittakers

vinee, Nov 4, 12:30am
[quote=bedazzledjewels, I didn't know the average person could get a Gilmours account! [/quote]
I've bought from gilmores, I didn't know you need an account! I just rocked on up to the counter with whatever I had - no worries!

vampiriousmist, Nov 4, 12:47am
I think I will also be cutting chocolate blocks coz at 65.50 fora kg of dark chocolate, it would have to be a VERY special occasion !
http://www.sabato.co.nz/product/14335/valrhona-manjari-f%C3%A8ves/

uli, Nov 4, 12:59am
Any "average person" that has any sort of business can get an account. They are eager to sell anything to anybody - they make money that way! How about an account for BEDAZZLEDJEWELS!

sunnyflower, Nov 4, 5:44am
reduced to clear have big blocks at the moment milk and dark for 99 cents

bedazzledjewels, Nov 4, 6:13am
Not selling that anymore Uli.
Ribzuba - I do use top quality chocolate but only for special occasions and Sabato is temptingly close by!
I might wander along to Gilmores. ;-)

carlosjackal, Nov 4, 6:28am
Ring them and ask them.