Nespresso coffee machine owners.

fugazi71, Nov 1, 4:22am
I've just bought a Nespresso Lattissima and was wondering what amounts of coffee and milk you generally use to get the equivalent of a latte! Do you use the espresso or lungo pods! Milk ratios etc.

carlosjackal, Nov 1, 4:58am
Does it not come with an instruction/recipe book!

fugazi71, Nov 1, 8:12am
Yes but it doesn't have anything that particularly says one shot plus !mls milk is a flat white, !shot(s) plus !mls milk is equivalent to a latte, and I didn't want to pfaff around experimenting if someone had a tried and tested example of their own. Ok!

cardiffgirl, Nov 1, 8:29am
It's a bit trial and error until you get it right lol. I have a latissima plus but only drink my coffee black. For a long black I use 2 espresso sized ristretto shots into a tulip cup about 1/2 full of hot water.
Have fiddled around with the cappuchino and lattes. I think the stronger intensity capsules work better. Unfortunately you do have to faff around with your finger on the button until you find the right formula.but hey once you've done it, it's all good. I love my nespresso machine

fugazi71, Nov 1, 8:33am
Thanks so much. I think we drink our coffees too big so I might need to invest in some smaller cups rather than mugs and go for quality not quantity!

carlosjackal, Nov 1, 9:03am
I see.fair enough too!

gilligee, Nov 1, 8:16pm
My machine is not working. All it does is crush the capsules or they drop through. Can anyone help! Do you know who I take to, Harvey Norman just have a check out person. I do know how they work as I have used my daughters one.

fathobbit, Nov 22, 8:46pm
Have used the warehouse coffee pods with success .

radark, Nov 23, 8:31am
definitely

kiwibubbles, Nov 23, 8:52am
we have the latissima and found it difficult to get the coffee/milk volumes right just using any random cup! lol. What we did was buy some cappucino and latte cups, and used the cappucino and latte settings on the machine and it fills up the cup perfectly everytime with just the right balance, so perhaps worth looking into that! THere's cappucino and latte cups available at kitchen store places.

kiwibubbles, Nov 23, 8:53am
Ring Nespresso customer help - i rang them once and they were very very helpful so give that a try first! they might be able to walk you through some steps to take to resolve the problem

shop-a-holic, Nov 23, 1:14pm
The "pour" amount of water through the capsules can be set on your machine.I have one set at 60mls, the other button set at 30mls.
All "pours" will be to personal taste.
When I make a Latte, I pour both 60mls and 30mls.Hubby just likes 60mls,
Lungos are long pouring anyway.so one at 60mls is fine.
Espresso is no more than 30mls (1 capsule). Double Shot (2 capsules).
Doppio (long pour, no extras).
Enjoy experimenting!