Nespresso

dons14, Jul 31, 1:18am
Hi. Any nespresso drinkers here! I was just reading about the special edition coffees - vanilla, caramel etc and was wondering if anyone had ordered them before. I'm guessing its a Christmas thing but don't remember getting any email about them. Can we buy them in NZ!

rumpelstiltskin, Jul 31, 8:21am
I have seen and sampled some of the special edition pods in their Newmarket store in Auckland around Nov/Dec last year. Think you can also order them on line.

shop-a-holic, Jul 31, 10:51am
Vanilla, Caramel and Gingerbread came out TWO christmas' ago. I bought a pile of them and then saved and saved, to get me through last winter. Heaven.

They didn't come out last christmas so I was pretty disappointed about that.

Another special is the dark navy blue one.Kazar.ranked in flavour as 12 out of 10.I have a few capsules left, as I felt the last "limited edition" Naora was a complete let down.

homebay, Jul 31, 10:58pm
We have had one now for about a month. We have only tried the coffee but think its the cats whiskers ! We Love the stuff!

It seems to be a HUGE industry.

10 out of 10 we reckon!

rarogal, Jul 31, 11:14pm
How much are the pods please! Thinking of getting a machine as we love our special coffees!

dons14, Aug 1, 12:17am
Works out at around a dollar each. Kinda expensive but really good coffee and something nice and treaty for when you have friends over.

tats63, Aug 1, 3:34am
Agree - I though the Naora was very disappointing.I love my Nespresso machine.Best thing I've bought in a long time.Might just have a decaf this very minute :)

shop-a-holic, Aug 1, 4:59am
DH would go down to the local cafes in the weekend and come home with a couple of mochachinos.This equates to $9 for two coffees.The pod price for two is roughly $2 and he can put as much chocolate and milk in as he likes.Works for us.

It's also handy to add a shot of espresso when making Ganache; or a rich dark chocolate fudge cake or sauce.Giant sized Ice Cream Sundaes or Affagotos during summer are great; as are iced coffees and chocolates.

Doppios are a quick pick-me-up when that 3pm slump hits you.

A shot added to homemade BBQ sauces or when making American Rib sauces creates zing; as does baking a whole ham with liquid smoke, nespresso Brazilian and a can of Guiness or Doppleboch-style beer and brown sugar for a touch of sweetness.

Clooney.you rock, but your pod choice sucks.

rarogal, Aug 1, 9:03pm
Thanks Dons, not nearly as expensive as buying a coffee though right!