Nespresso coffee machines

Page 1 / 2
sikofstuf, Jan 2, 6:29am
My hubby bought me a nespresso pixie for mothers day- and I absolutely ADORE it, as does everyone who comes for a visit, gets a coffee, and a few have gone home and bought one! I buy the pods on line, range from 90c to $1.12. Then, I WON a nespresso lattisima plus from nespresso (oh, by the way, the pods are easy to get- and they arrive after a phone or on line order within 2 days!), and I love the new machine just as much! We've been through a lot of coffee machines- I just love these, wouldnt try anything else now! As for recycling the 'plastic', they are aluminium, and nespresso in auckland actually has a thing there so they can be recycled, so no probs there either!

shop-a-holic, Jan 2, 8:21am
Engage brain before opening mouth.
They are aluminium capsules and completely recyclable.

shop-a-holic, Jan 2, 8:23am
The coffee is very hot. If you're making a latte and the milk is not hot enough, there is too much milk added to the heating vessel.

shop-a-holic, Jan 2, 8:32am
If you dine at The Fat Duck in the UK, you'll find the same and familiar capsules to play with.

cookessentials, Jan 2, 8:38am
you just dont get to play with George Clooney LOL

shop-a-holic, Jan 2, 8:47am
I'm pondering his taste preferences. Blend verses Single Origin.
I'm presuming he's well-rounded and full of body; blended like salt goes with pepper. Not agressive as the black capsule, but not as fruity as the rosa pink.
I'm guessing he could be a true purple capsule man or long and lasting like the forest green Lungos.
(tee hee)

ppdunedin, Jan 2, 12:07pm
Hi seemingly you can buy refillable capsules, which you load yourself. I looked a one of the model and some reviews said the coffee was not super hot & needed to be microwaved, which has put me off.

richard198, Jan 2, 12:14pm
This was Russell Kerr's reaction to the Fat Duck! Not a coffee house but currently for sale!
(Alain Senderens used to be awarded 3 Michelin stars but walked away from the regime: "As a result Senderens stated that the customers pay a third of the former prices, return more often, and the profits are nearly four times of what they were.")
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/!set=a.277386188957004.84055.201737843188506&type=1&l=1137c5699c

richard198, Jan 2, 12:14pm

prawn_whiskas, Jan 2, 8:05pm
So what exactly is IN the capsules! Is it ground beans, instant! gel!

The fact they are aluminium and I'm guessing exposed to heat at some point is enough to put me off (others who've had heavy metal poisoning would agree) but I am intrigued to know whats inside them as they claim to be 'no mess'.Anyone opened one up!

dons14, Jan 3, 1:46am
I brought one off TM for about $150 inc the frother. LOVE IT! Yummy coffee and so so easy to make. I find if I turn the machine on 10min before I use it the coffee is hotter but - still pretty hot even when I don't. Very very happy with my Nespresso maker.

cake4, Aug 23, 8:14am
anyone have any reviews on the reusable pods!

huntlygirl, Aug 24, 5:11am
You can get the refillable pods on TM

red45, Sep 24, 5:25am
There are instructions on you tube how to refill the pods yourself

waswoods, Sep 24, 8:06am
I bought an Expressi machine in Australia and love it!

tigra, Dec 27, 9:18pm
I'm thinking about buying one but wondered if there were any "cons" I should know about. Appreciate any comments.

gilligee, Dec 27, 9:58pm
DIL and SIL who is a coffee lover and has sampled lots have one and can find no cons. They live in Australia, do not know how available the capsules are here. They have the small version which is a good space saver compared with most coffee makers.

tiogapass, Dec 27, 10:35pm
One con is that you are locked in to buying/using the capsules and that means generating plastic waste everytime you make a cuppa.

sharonann1, Dec 27, 10:57pm
HI! We have one and just love it. As a previous person said the only con is having to buy the capsules on line. The capsules I think work out to bout $1.50 each but they make lovely coffee. You can also use the milk frother for adding to other drinks like a hot chocolate. No regrets here about buying one.

momo21, Dec 28, 12:25am
I was going to get one, then found a very similar one with a milk frother from mount eden coffee.the capsules are slightly cheaper and are stronger, and it tastes fantastic. Check out Mt Eden Coffee's $300 machine before you dive into the nespresso. Im glad I did.

richard198, Dec 28, 12:26am
I agree. It means you can't use the better coffee available from local roasters. For that reason alone; I'm out!

tigra, Dec 28, 12:31am
I knew about the capsules issue - I mean its pretty obvious. that you have to use them. However you can buy much cheaper than $1.50 each. But I wiil check out Mt Eden coffee if they are on line. Harvey Normans gave us a taster yesterday and it did taste great. I like long blacks

richard198, Dec 28, 12:57am
I worked out that using beans bought from a local roaster, it cost me 70c a cup! (That's a double shot as well!)

Edit: Also worth pondering; if Nespresso was that good, how come none of the better coffee houses use it!

pickles7, Dec 28, 2:11am
cost.they are not very "green".

dreamers, Dec 28, 2:42am
The capsules are 20 p in the UK ,what an absolute rip off here.