Strong Coffee...

kenny17, Aug 18, 8:07am
Can aybody suggest a brand or type of strong, bitter Coffee that I can buy, either Beans or Instant. When I say strong and bitter I really mean that, as I find a lot of Coffees a bit bland. Thanks... . .

cookessentials, Aug 18, 8:12am
You could go for a Turkish coffee or get espresso beans

fisher, Aug 18, 9:31am
Straight double shot of espresso will fix that :}}

gayle6, Aug 18, 3:53pm
Try Lyttelton Coffee Company's Blend One. Hubbie and I are very particular about coffee beans and think this is the best. LCC are on London Street. If you go over on Saturday you can visit the great Farmers Market too and come and sample my olive oil and olives!

beaumonde, Aug 19, 12:55pm
Go for an espresso blend, dark beans, Havana do some good strong blends, or make your own blend. I find thier coffee quite strong, a good wake up kick though! give them a google

macandrosie, Aug 23, 8:49am
Robert Harris or Nescafe dark roast are good for instant. The other thing to look out for is that they are Arabica beans as they are a quality bean. Most instant coffees are made with the Robusta beans. But also if you want strong you need to go for the darker roasts.

stormbaby, Feb 20, 5:42pm
I drink long black coffee when out, and I like the Maccona (sp) dark roast at home. I drink it with a little Vanilla Bliss soy milk, and just use double the coffee for a strong one. I have just found my Mum's old electric coffee grinder so will be digging out our coffee pot and experimenting with a few coffee beans myself.