Different homemade / handmade bread flavours

Page 3 / 3
juliewn, Oct 31, 10:02am
Hi Flower-Child. good for you for starting the thread.I'm happy to share your passion. and there are many others who enjoy making bread who start or add to threads here in Trademe Recipes.
Did you have a look at the Bread thread I posted the link to in post 39. hope you find some things of interest there.

I haven't tried blueberries in a bread recipe. will look forward to reading how it came out. might be nice with wholemeal too. yum!

Cheers. Julie :-)

flower-child01, Oct 31, 9:38pm
I aim to use my basic fruit bread recipe, I was inspired by a bakery here in Invercargill who make it. I have decided to put it on hold after not liking baking with frozen blueberries. so am waiting to see fresh blueberries in th shops, are limited here in Invers. Am tempted to plant my own bush or two, to get even cheaper lol. Yes I am slowly trawling through the bread thread, I am inspired. I also have a little book I got through the library sales, and will see what it has comparing to what others have shared.

flower-child01, Oct 31, 9:38pm
I aim to use my basic fruit bread recipe, I was inspired by a bakery here in Invercargill who make it. I have decided to put it on hold after not liking baking with frozen blueberries, so am waiting to see fresh blueberries in the shops, We are limited here in Invers. Am tempted to plant my own bush or two, to get even cheaper lol. Yes I am slowly trawling through the bread thread, I am inspired. I also have a little book I got through the library sales a year ago, and will see what it has comparing to what others have shared.

sarahb5, Oct 31, 10:20pm
Dried blueberries and/or cranberries are lovely in fruit bread but I usually use them in combination with raisins, sultanas or whatever else is in the cupboard.I'd like to try apricots as well but I'm the only one who likes them so might have to be sneaky about that.Egg and bacon salad for dinner tonight so today's bread has a stock cube used instead of one of the two teaspoons of salt I usually add and some TVP "bacon" bits because the salad has bacon in it - looked good when it came out of the breadmaker this morning.

pheebs1, Nov 1, 2:07am
phew having to get through all the drama just for bread recipes is exhausting!
nothings changed here on recipes huh

well aside from that i made my first attempt at cinnamon raisin bread yesterday, sooooooooooooooo yum!
i made it for the children at mainly music they wolfed it! and hubby was sad he didnt get any so made some more!

300ml warm water
1 tbsp yeast
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1-2 tsp mixed spice(depending on how you like it)
1tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
1/2 - 1cup raisins added at the beep

i actually made mine onthe dough cycle only and then baked it in a loaf tin as it fits the toaster better!
but im sure you can just do the whole thing in the bread maker
i baked mine at 200c for 15mins
so nice for breakfast and at this rate hubby still wont get any!

carlosjackal, Nov 1, 2:19am
What about the flour!!

korbo, Nov 1, 2:24am
carlos, i think it would be 3 cups flour. as rest of ingredients are the same as I use for all breads.in breadmaker.

sarahb5, Nov 1, 2:34am
I like this one because you put everything in together - I also vary it by using different fruit, different spices, etc.

http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/2142/sultana-loaf.aspx

sarahb5, Nov 1, 2:34am
I like this one because you put everything in together - I also vary it by using different fruit, different spices, etc.

http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/2142/sultana-loaf.aspx

sarahb5, Nov 1, 2:37am
And I just found this one too - a cinnamon scented loaf with chocolate chips, made in the bread machine.

Ingredients

Serves: 15
1/4 cup (60ml) water
1 cup (250ml) milk
1 egg
3 cups (370g) bread flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 tablespoons margarine, softened
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips

Preparation method

1.Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select 'Mix Bread' cycle or the setting that allows ingredients such as seeds or fruit to be folded into the dough; press Start.

2. Add the chocolate chips at the signal or about 5 minutes before the kneading cycle has finished. Remove loaf from pan to cool when bake cycle finishes.

sarahb5, Nov 1, 2:40am
Some things never change eh!

elliehen, Nov 1, 3:38am
BANG!

You might be right; you might be wrong.However, most people prefer to have their questions answered without the addition of a load of intrusive and accusatory baggage.

flower-child01, Nov 1, 6:15am
Hmm not enough fruit or cinnamon for my liking. It's like seeking a man, it's got to be full of body and flavour lol.

kay141, Nov 1, 6:33am
I think the same about the hot cross buns in the shops.

sarahb5, Nov 1, 9:03am
I put about twice as much fruit and cinnamon in it, and always make sure that I've used as much mixed peel as I can.Just remember to increase the liquid or decrease the flour.