Mini processor for herbs etc

terachaos, Oct 25, 4:47am
Any recommendations that come to mind! TIA

red2, Oct 25, 4:53am
Most stick blenders come with a small bowl attachment for chopping herbs etc

cookessentials, Oct 25, 5:40am
I use the mini bowl and blade on my kitchenaidprocessor.

mwood, Oct 25, 5:42am
I use my coffee grinder

geldof, Oct 25, 6:03am
Maybe a silly question, but can 'wet' stuff go in a coffee grinder!

I just got a cheap one for my spices, and wondered how wet they could get.

davidt4, Oct 25, 8:51am
It's best not to put anything wet into a coffee grinder.When I make Thai curry pastes I use the grinder to powder the dry spices, a mini-processor or a mortar and pestle for the wet herbs and roots, then combine it all in the mortar.

carlosjackal, Oct 25, 9:00am
The Sunbeam MultiGrinder would be perfect for what you're looking for. It's a coffee, herb and spice grinder and I wouldn't be without it:

http://www.sunbeam.com.au/products/kitchen/em0405/

I saw the other day that Harvey Norman have them on sale for about $35.00 (down from $68.00).

pheebs1, Oct 25, 7:53pm
magic bullet, like a coffee grinder but with lots of attachment juicer etc
cheap as and i have had mine for years
grinds spices herbs, makes bread crumbs purees just about anything and has been known to blend even the toughest stake to mush( not that ya would) really grunty motor for short bursts

i got mine off trade me for about 40 but i think they retail under a hundred

carlosjackal, Oct 26, 8:11pm
OP is looking for a MINI processor - how small is the one you've got!

lilyfield, Oct 27, 4:03am
Magic bullet perfect for this

carlosjackal, Oct 27, 7:25am
The Sunbeam MultiGrinder and the Magic Bullet are quite similar - the Bullet being a little bit bigger, I think.

julz29, Oct 27, 7:38am
A great thing I use is a turbo chef from Tupperware

pheebs1, Oct 27, 7:58am
magic bullet is coffee grinder size with a one cup and two cup capacity holder

camper18, Oct 27, 9:44am
I havemini Moulinex which would probably be one of my most used appliances. Parsley ,mint ,onions, nuts,breadcrumbs. etc only take seconds to blitz. Wouldn't be without it.

flower-child01, Oct 27, 8:30pm
I highly recommend the Breville Mini Wizz, it's blades unlike others are lower to the bottom ensuring quick efficient grinding/choppping. It is all I have as a processor in the kitchen. It processes herbs, spices, makes breadcrumbs easy. I wouldn't have any other.

uli, Oct 27, 8:32pm
I use an attachment to my kenwood which is like the magic bullet, but of course with 800 Watt behind it works much better than the magic bullet.

purplegoanna, Oct 28, 3:36am
im on my 2nd magic bullet in about 8 yrs and mine gets thrashed daily and for everything, they have a small cup making it easy for herbs & spices.theyre well worth the $$ if you can get them cheap enough.

oconnec, Oct 28, 11:42am
breville miniwizz for me, it is great!