Vegetables that should be banned

Page 3 / 3
aktow, Apr 22, 1:33pm
last night, , two salmon fillets and scollops. . tonight , lots of chicken and 300 grms of lambs fry.

geldof, Apr 23, 7:06am
brussel sprouts tried again after 30years. put half in my mouth, looked down at my plate and there was half a slug in the remaining piece of sprout. i took this as a sign that i shouldn't eat them again!
Try parsnip roasted with apple and a little onion.
with so many foodie websites, the opportunities are endless to try different ways of re trying previously disliked foods.

nowsgood, Apr 28, 8:23pm
Because vegs are so good for you I teach myself to like the ones I don't naturally love, asparagus was the hardest for me to get to like. I'd honestly rather eat raw celery stuffed with cheese than choc cake.

rkh38, Apr 29, 2:49am
Brussel sprouts are getting a hard time here!

Finely slice, then fry off chopped bacon, garlic and add sprouts, cook until soft, add a pot of cream and black pepper and top with melted cheese - so bad for you but so yummy! ! !

We should ban all veggies that are imported and only eat kiwi grown (apart from bananas! ! ! )

flick1, Apr 29, 9:42pm
What vegetables do you eat?

helen59, Apr 30, 9:18am
To all you brussel sprout haters. I was one of you and then one day a couple of yeas back I tried one again. They are devive. They have gone from being my least favourite vege to my most favourite. I reckno my lovley Mum overcooked them slightly! I boil them, braise them, sweet and sour them, coleslaw them, steam them, slice them... . the coolest thing is they are my daughters favourite vege too. SHe can't get enough of them. So my advice is try them again! !

helen59, Apr 30, 9:20am
oops - I typed too fast. In order corrections are: Yeas = years, devive = devine, reckno = reckon, SHe = She. Sorry!

aktow, Apr 30, 1:16pm
you are just sick , , get help

aktow, Apr 30, 1:34pm
i have the odd piece of veg but never a plate full. i eat lots of chicken and meat. . some potato and bread. . i cook fried rice and if i go out i will have noodles or a plate full of meat and seafood.

fmgirl, Apr 30, 11:17pm
What a bunch of vege snobs - nothing wrong with frozen vege or tinned for that matter. Whose got the time to be shelling peas.

Apart from sprouts which make me gag - I like all vegetables. The trick to brussel sprouts is not to over cook them - I use them a lot in stir frys there yum when they're still crisp. Roast parsnips are delicious

stenno, May 1, 12:37am
Are you all from up NOrth? Parsnips and brussel sprouts need a good frost on them. They are sweet and delicious down here in frost country.

greerg, May 1, 7:20am
Swede! Can't get past memories of MIL's swede boiled to sludge then slopped in a watery mess onto plate - almost every winter meal with Surprise peas and dessicated potato. Have have it done in more palatable ways since but the memories are just too strong.

elliehen, May 1, 7:35am
In the US mid-west they leave their parsnips under the snow to winter over... 'sweet and delicious' is an understatement!

christopher53, May 1, 7:55am
There is only 1 vege that should be totally banished from this earth and that it the nasty, yukky, disgusting CUCUMBER. Who ever invented it should have been put to sleep at birth! !

andrea1978, May 1, 8:44am
Can't think of a single vegetable I don't like. Maybe rotten corn which is a Maori delicacy? But then it's the smell I don't like, have never actually tasted it!

battgirl, May 1, 9:39pm
Celery and asparagus. I'm not convinced either were ever meant for human consumption.

stompy, May 2, 1:59am
Geez that is sad that sooo many people do not like their veges, weren't you made to eat them you were young? ? I love all vegs.

mumstu, May 2, 5:02am
I am a vegaholic! love them all accept peas... GROSS!

elliehen, May 4, 5:23am
CHOKO CRISPS
Have just spotted this recipe in a 1950s Panmure Plunket cookbook:

Peel chokos and cut in four. Boil for ten minutes then strain. Dip choko pieces in beaten egg and grated cheese, fry in deep fat until golden brown.

Submitted by Mrs R. McKecknie

mber2, May 4, 6:05am
spinach, & brussel sprouts gross man

lookingfor, May 4, 7:36am
I agree with Cauliflower, the only way to eat that is with cheese sauce, and raw celery (my family eats it raw with dip! ), juck, I prefer cooked celery. But I love brussel sprouts, I grow them every year.

waswoods, May 4, 8:36am
^^ even then I can't eat cauliflower

donald6, Apr 1, 3:01am
Brussel sprouts & broad beans are my fav veges. Hate pumpkin, swede, turnip , kumara & parsnip unless it's mashed with carrot. At boarding school as a kid, they used to boil the cabbage until it was pink. It's a wonder I still eat it!