Vegetables that should be banned

Page 2 / 3
luckyduck, Apr 20, 5:36am
Love all veges here...

fisher, Apr 20, 5:37am
NONE. . all are good for you... maybe some need to try different ways of cooking... ? ? ? These dislikes may have stemmed from ma boiling the crap out of fresh veges from the garden back in ye olde days...
Go on... I dare you... give them another try... :}}

jessie981, Apr 20, 5:45am
artichokes, even though I've never tried them, they look yucky!
No 1 would have to be brussel sprouts & the wee bugs that hide in the leaves.
No 2, silverbeet

waswoods, Apr 20, 8:49am
Cauliflower

firemansgirl, Apr 20, 10:18am
Witloof ! ! Worst vegetable ever.

elliehen, Apr 20, 10:26am
Couch potatoes :)

unknowndisorder, Apr 20, 10:30am
Broad beans, broccoli and silverbeet (though i like silverbeet in a quiche). Don't think I've tried swede.
Witloof - yeah, not a favourite but I've been told it's because mum didn't cook it right.
Oh radishes and avocado are on my not favourites list.
Only vege I really don't like is brocolli (it's just repetitive and doesn't agree with me).
Steamed spinach (just till it wilts) with a bit of lemon juice is yum.

rochelle115, Apr 20, 10:46am
cooked cabbage is good but you only need to blanch it so its still crunchy cant stand it when pple boil the juice out of it. dislike boardbeans and brussle sprouts.

buzzy110, Apr 20, 8:15pm
Then you'll be really pleased to learn that Avocado is a fruit then, along with tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum, chilli, eggplant and many other fruits we call vegetables.

Just to muddy the waters some more did you know that the commercially grown banana is technically a herb rather than a fruit?

beaker59, Apr 21, 10:09am
Sign me up for the counter protest. After all without veg all thats left is meat and bread whats a nice steak without the Veg on the side.

krazy_kat, Apr 21, 10:25am
2 things I can't stand are green beens (now matter how they are cooked or what they are in - nothing will change my mind! ) and cucumber - I just can not get past the smell!

cgvl, Apr 21, 11:02am
broad beans although if done right I will eat, same as with brussel sprouts but I don't particularly like them and I hate cooked cabbage but again can eat it under protest.
I love roast parsnip and asparagus any which way is just perfect.

aphra1, Apr 21, 11:06am
I've never met a vege I didn't like.

ddd10, Apr 21, 11:10am
but they are quite nice with potato chips on top of them.

bigred6, Apr 21, 7:27pm
Boiled vegies need salt added to the water. Orrible without. I lovethem all! !

purplegoanna, Apr 21, 9:12pm
lol i dont drink tea or coffee either apart from the odd latte when we're out, its lemon honey drink or rasberry tea or nothing...

amsandlant, Apr 22, 12:46am
Brussel sprouts are foul if they're boiled - but if they're sliced up & stir fried in a bit of butter, they're actually not too bad. Broad beans are gag-worthy though, one vegetable I never buy!

Oh and I can't do tomato unless it's been pureed - raw sliced tomato, or even chunks in a pasta sauce, I cannot eat. Though I think technically tomatoes are a fruit anyway, so that wouldn't count;-)

daleaway, Apr 22, 12:58am
Love my veges - with one exception.

Chicory/witloof.

Was served it once too often when staying in Italy, where they seem to adore the stuff. Have had an aversion to it ever since.

Anything else in the vegetable line - bring it on!

mbos, Apr 22, 5:05am
I'm a bit confused about aubergine.

And wary of artichokes.

gaspodetwd, Apr 22, 5:25am
Silverbeet! BLERK!
Love brussles sprouts and roast parsnips. Aubergines - mmm. Especially parmigiana. Chicory - yum. Endive. yum. Ban all silverbeet right now.

nemo73, Apr 22, 5:28am
Swede, turnip and brussel sprouts are all awful.

uli, Apr 22, 5:37am
There is the problem - why would you ever "boil" any veges - I have never ever done that.

You can fry, sautee, steam etc. - and every time they will come out nice - but "boil" - and then throw the baby out with the bathwater - or was that the minerals and vitamins ... . no - never ...

antoniab, Apr 22, 5:51am
Yeah Im not a fan of it cooked either, apart from as a base for soup or stock

antoniab, Apr 22, 5:52am
Apart from that I LOVE all vege! ! ! ! YUM

demo9, Apr 22, 9:03am
mushrooms yuck! !