Mince patties

reggienz, Oct 14, 10:15pm
How do you keep mince patties from breaking while cooking them

lodgelocum, Oct 14, 10:21pm
I bind mine with flour and egg and they don't seem to break, they do need to be moist enough.

twindizzy, Oct 14, 10:50pm
egg and a drizzle of oil

sarahb5, Oct 14, 10:55pm
A hamburger press so you can compress them better, and refrigerate them for an hour or so before you cook them - seems to help them "set"

village.green, Oct 15, 2:57am
Definitely refrigerate them as sarahb5 says. It helps. I have a hamburgers press that does a good job but sometimes I just make little ones and they never seem to break. Eggs are wonderful binders and possibly a few breadcrumbs if you are not avoiding gluten.

reggienz, Oct 15, 3:47am
Thaks every one. I used a bit of flour and an egg. Did the trick for me.

cottagerose, Oct 17, 5:01am
I add breadcrumbs and sausagemeat to the mince. Works a treat and makes more rissoles

guest, Jan 11, 7:49am
That saves me. Thanks for being so sesenbli!

guest, Jan 13, 1:45pm
ashley fair - the natural btaeuy of the bride and simplicity of the country location is beautiful and compliment each other so well. you get a true glimpse of the brides personality! great job!

guest, Jan 14, 9:57am
Hey!Let me know if the buyer who has these on hold backs out as I'm deffinatley iertnested in buying these!!Thankyou! =) x[]admin Reply:November 7th, 2009 at 1:05 pmThey are still on hole, but I've contacted the enquirer and if she doesn't get back to me within the end of the week I'll have to withdraw the hold. So I'll let you know at the end of the week![]