Meat Loaf,Ham&Roast Beef

walker18, Oct 2, 3:16am
I have a little of each, What can I do with them to make our meat dish for dinner tonight PLEASE

theanimal1, Oct 2, 3:31am
Maybe you could chop up, add mixed veg, make a gravy put in dish and top with mashed potato!

niffer13, Oct 2, 3:48am
This recipe seems to have a lot of ingredients but once you've made it a couple of times you will find it well worth the effort. I also improvise if I am out of something. You don't need a lot of meat. I've used all meats but not meat loaf however I'm sure it would be fine.

Sweet Curry
1 onion chopped
1 cooking apple
½ oz butter
1-2 tablespoons curry powder
1 tablespoon flour
¾ pint stock
1 tablespoon coconut
2 oz sulatanas [0r raisins]
2 tablespoons jam or chutney
Juice of ½ a lemon
1 tomato
Salt,pepper
Cold diced meat.
Rice for serving
Peel, core slice apple.
Fry onion & butter til brown add apple,tomato,flour fry a few mins then add stock stirring well bring to boil & add rest of ingredients cover & simmer 30 mins add meat cook 5 mins to warm thru. [I addcoconut & banana towards the end of the 30 min]
Serve with rice.

walker18, Oct 2, 4:09am
Thank you theanimal there is only2 of usso that will do us fine. We get so many left overs,as you never know how hungry my grandson (27) will be.

worzel6, Oct 2, 4:11am
I make cold meat fritters, usually with roast mutton when there is not enough for a meal for all of us but you could mince up all the meat and turn it into fritters.