Uncooked Slice

kay141, Oct 6, 10:59pm
I would like a recipe for an uncooked slice which does not have eggs, nuts (including coconut), weetbix or biscuits as ingredients. Rolled oats,cornflakes or rice bubbles are OK. Chocolate would be great but any flavour will do. Hope someone can help.

geldof, Oct 6, 11:40pm
You could use the toffee base of Annabel Langbein's bird seed bar and add what ever you want to it.

I make all sorts of concoctions usingthis type of base.

245sam, Oct 6, 11:52pm
kay141, it appears that you are wanting wheat-free recipes - is that the case or, remembering that oats are not gluten-free, are you acutally wanting gluten-free!

Re using rice bubbles - how about this one from an earlier thread.

"Rice Bubble slice
125gr butter
125gr sugar
2TBSPs honey or golden syrup

Bring to boil & simmer 5min. Remove from heat & add 5c Rice bubbles. Pour into a sponge roll tin. Cut while warm
Quote jessie981 (61 ) 7:39 pm, Mon 29 Aug #4"

or these ones from the former Trademe Cooks.
"White Christmas
250grms/8oz Kremelta Melted.1 cup skim milk pwdr.1 cup icing sugar.pinch salt.1/2 teaspn vanilla ess.1 cup total of either raisins,coconut, cherries, apricot, nuts.3 cups rice bubbles. Add kremlta and mix well then pour into paper lined tin. set in fridge.
posted by toadfish

do you want to try this 1 cup sugar 1 egg 6oz butter 1/1/2 cups chopped dates 3 cups rice bubbles vanilla ess beat egg and sugar melt butter in pan add egg mix cook for 5 min until thick add dates cook a few mins cool then add rice bubbles can roll into balls in coconut or put in slice tray nice
posted by harrislucinda

Jaffa Marshmallow Slice (No Bake)
125 g butter, 1/2 c sugar, 3 tab cocoa, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla ess, 1 tsp orange essence (or orange juice), 1 tsp grated orange rind, 3 cups muesli (could use any type of cereal really), 1/4 c sultanas, 1/2 c baby marshmallows. Heat butter, sugar & cocoa. Cool & add egg, vanilla & orange. Lightly crush muesli. Mix in to butter mix, add sultanas & marshmallows. Press into tin & refrigerate 4hrs (if you can wait!). Use warm knife to cut, keep in fridge.
posted by rwatchorn"

Hope that helps.:-))

kay141, Oct 7, 12:02am
Thanks. No I don't need gluten free but need to allow for allergies to both eggs and nuts. Weetbix are just disliked.

245sam, Oct 7, 12:05am
oops, I missed the no-egg part of your request so that means the last of the aabove recipes above won't be suitable.
Thanks for the clarification re gf, etc. - when I get a chance I'll see if I can find anymore recipes that may be ok for you.:-))

buzzy110, Oct 7, 6:30am
In the absence of any help from anyone else, I have a recipe that ticks all the boxes. I am not sure if you will think I am trying to poison you so haven't posted it. I have also waited to see if anyone else can help.

Maybe, seeing as I have waded in, others will come up with their suggestions, as appeared to happen in another thread that was languishing on the sidelines, but in the meantime I'll be happy to help you out if you want me to and I guarantee I have no evil intent.

geldof, Oct 7, 6:42am
I'd like to see it buzzy, even if you need to put it in another thread.

buzzy110, Oct 7, 6:55am
I see you do not want it. OK. I can live with that. I'm sure someone will be along who is much more acceptable to you.

Geldof, I'll leave it for now but if I'm in here and see a similar request I'll be happy to share.

kay141, Oct 7, 6:55pm
It is not for me. I have been asked if I had such a recipe and as I very seldom eat cake, I didn't so thought I would ask here.

kay141, Oct 8, 10:44pm
Thanks for the recipes 245sam. They are much appreciated.

I found this one in a magazine at work and it fits the bill as well. Looks interesting but maybe too sweet for me.

Chocolate Crunchy Slice

3 x 65g Mars Bars
90g butter
3 cups Rice Bubbles

Grease a 19cm x 29cm lamington tin.
Combine Mars bars and butter in a large saucepan and stir continuously over a low heat (without boiling) until the mixture is smooth. Stir in Rice Bubbles. Press the mixture into the tin. Spread with topping and refrigerate until set, then cut.

Topping
200g milk chocolate, chopped
30g butter

Melt choclate and butter in pan over a low heat. Stir until smooth.

I haven't tried it but it did look easy.