Have you ever made pizza dough with SR flour?

mattdylan, Oct 5, 3:12am
is it just the same! help!

davidt4, Oct 5, 3:25am
Self-raising flour is not appropriate for pizza dough, which is raised with yeast.

buzzy110, Oct 5, 3:29am
Are you talking about making a scone dough and using that! Not a traditional pizza dough but apparently very popular here in NZ. Please don't think that because I mentioned it that I recommend it.

mattdylan, Oct 5, 3:39am
thanks guys, will buy just normal flour I think!

macandrosie, Oct 7, 5:45am
Pizza dough is nicer having yeast than a raising agent like baking powder. Do you have a bread maker! Just make the dough in that then pull out when the cycle has finished mixing.

daisyhill, Oct 7, 9:16am
I love the scone dough pizza base. It may not be authentic but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it! It's just different. Try both and see what you prefer :-)

beaker59, Oct 8, 12:32am
My Nana used to make scone dough Pizzas I wasn't a huge fan but they work. just, make smaller pizzas as they are hard to eat as slices as they fold and tear easily.

zirconium, Oct 8, 12:54am
Oh my goodness! I'd forgotten them, the famous Alison Holst scone dough pizza recipe. Can of spaghetti, bit of grated cheese on top. gulp.

bindi21, Oct 8, 2:22am
the pizza base I make is 1 cup of natural yoghurt to 1 cup of sr flour, I alway's add salt and herb's to the mix.It's not scone like at all

r350t, Oct 12, 12:48am
Bindi21 s recipe is the best ever only one i ever use now