Cheese Ball Recipe

stina25, Sep 13, 5:13am
Hi all,

Does anyone have a really yummy cheese ball recipe that they care to share!Preferrably one without Gerkins.

Thanks in advance, will check in later.

kinna54, Sep 13, 9:25am
Cheese ball:

250g cream cheese
1 cup grated cheese
2 TBSPS crushed pineapple
1 TBSP pineapple juice
1 TBSP chopped parsley(optional)

Mix together all ingredients, and refrigerate until firm, then mould the mixture into a ball,coat in chopped nuts or finely crushed wine biscuits.

Another nice version is to use chopped dried apricots, and a dash of sherry or brandy for moistness. If non alcoholic preferred use a dash offruit juice.

aw217, Sep 13, 9:28am
I found this one on the kiwi kiss diet and we all love it! It is also gluten free . If you cant be bothered making a ball, you can put it in a bowl and sprinkle over the sesame seeds and us it as a dip!

Toasted Sesame Cheese Ball
150 gmgrated Tasty or Cheddar Cheese
125gmCottage Cheese
2 TbsnApricot Chutney
3finely chopped Spring Onion (I use 4)
4 tspmayonnaise (best foods is good)
4 TbsnToasted Sesame Seeds
Salt and Pepper

• Mix all ingredients but the sesame seeds in a bowl and form into a ball.
• Sprinkle grease proof paper with the sesame seeds and gently roll the ball in the seeds until it is well coated.
• Chill well before serving with sliced Carrots, Celery and crackers.

amanda72, Sep 14, 7:03am
My cheese ball recipe is below for you:
Ingredients:
1 cup grated cheese
1 container of cream cheese (not lite)
1 onion, chopped finely
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp tomato sauce
dash of chilli
Mix all of the above together to form a ball.You can roll it in crushed potato chips or just leave plain.Both is great.Refrigerate for 1/2 hour and enjoy!

Also gluten free :)

jessie981, Sep 15, 2:47am
Savoury Cheese Ball
Tasty cheese
125gr chopped ham
1tsp curry powder
grated onion
clove crushed garlic
2TBSPs gherkins (opt)
pkt onion soup
pinch cayenne peper
2TBSPs tomato soup
2TBSPs mayonaise
1tsp lemon juice
TBSP fresh chopped parsley
1/2c crushed nuts
Grate cheese, add ham, gherkins, onion, garlic, c/powder & pepper. Mix well then stir in liquids. Add parsley & roll in crushed nuts.
Chill before serving

sunbunny1967, Sep 15, 8:38am
lol. mine has sherry in it and nooooo pineapple or gherkin

rai5, Sep 15, 8:48am
Mine doesn't have many ingredients but is quick to make and is so yummy there is never any left.
1 pot of cream cheese - I give beat it a little to soften
Chopped apricots, strawberries, chocolate chips, pineapple pieces, in fact anything you like. Roll the ball in slithered almonds and then in cling wrap and pop in the fridge. Serve with any crackers

sherrie, Sep 16, 9:54am
pot of cream cheese (Never use the light one as it goes to runny)
Tin of Crushed Pineapple with the jucie drained off
grated carrot
finely chopped green and red capsicum
finely chopped celery
grated cheese
pepper and salt

Mix all together.It can be rolled into a ball but I just put it in a little bowl or 2 and gladwrap over it then place in fridge.If I need it for the evening I make it in the morning.

sherrie, Sep 16, 9:56am
Sorry I forgot the 1 onion! either red or normal finely chopped!

coniproducts, Sep 17, 12:06am
I use a pot of cream cheese (250gm) and onion soup mix as a base and then just add anything lying around in the fridge really.diced tomato flesh, finely sliced spring onion, chopped parsley, a dst spoon of grainy mustard, splodge of mayonaisse, tsp curry powder, spoon of pickle/chutney.Make sure it is reasonably firm (not sloppy) chill then roll into a ball then into chopped nuts.I have also rolled it into small balls for an antipasto plate and it has gone down well.