Why is smoked Eel not more popular

Page 2 / 2
kuaka, Sep 1, 7:01am
I've never tried it, just the thought of it makes my stomach heave.Sorry.As a kid growing up in a seaside resort in the UK there used to be kiosks along the prom selling all sorts of seafoodie stuff, jellied eels, smoked eels, winkles, whelks, and even though I don't have a very sensitive nose, the smell as we walked by those stalls was revolting.I guess it's just put me off.Also I remember (also as a kid) visiting relatives in the north of England, and we went on a day trip to Whitby where I watched someone catch an eel, land it on the wharf and proceed to try to decapitate it whilst the slimy thing wriggled all over the place, and even wriggled after it's head was half off.Probably if I was to eat it without knowing what it was I would quite enjoy it - obviously a case of mind over matter, and I don't mind admitting to this, but having survived over 60 years without eating it, I think I can survive what time I have left without bothering to try it.I realise I might enjoy it if I did try it, but I think I prefer not to.