Is smoked chicken nice served hot?

lynja, Mar 21, 3:03am
bought one for tea tonight but it is not really salad weather so wonder if heated it would taste ok? thought maybe you could microwave it or even roast it for a short time? has anyone tried it this way?

eastie3, Mar 21, 5:38am
Perhaps it's too late for tonight,but you could toss it with hot pasta,veges and a dressing of your choice,or alternatively do a hot potato salad with wilted spinach and vinaigrette,mixing the torn chicken into the salad.

kiwigoldie, Mar 21, 5:40am
this is how we have it...i just dice it up and briefly stirfry in pan to heat.

lynja, Mar 21, 7:54am
thank you both. we had it cold, but i will remember the above if we have it again. I decided after tonight that it isnt really to my taste, perhaps better in a sandwich or similar.

moggie57, Mar 21, 10:50am
chop it up, mix with cream cheese and chilli sauce and make into a pie or parcels with filo pastry.

aktow, Mar 21, 12:32pm
i had two hot smoked chicken items on my menu
1] smoked chicken , pate,Monterrey jackcheeseand asparagus wrapped in a thin fillo pastry or puff pastry. served with a cheese , baconparsley sauce,

aktow, Mar 21, 12:40pm
2] any pasta, your favourite, cooked and drained, then add to it ,big sliced pieces of smoked chicken with, diced tomato, onion, ham,, button mushrooms sliced. cheese sauce,finished off with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and either chopped parsley or fresh basil.

kiwifidget, Mar 22, 12:59am
Oh, macaroni cheese with extras!

lynja, Mar 22, 3:03am
bought one for tea tonight but it is not really salad weather so wonder if heated it would taste ok! thought maybe you could microwave it or even roast it for a short time! has anyone tried it this way!

eastie3, Mar 22, 5:38am
Perhaps it's too late for tonight,but you could toss it with hot pasta,veges and a dressing of your choice,or alternatively do a hot potato salad with wilted spinach and vinaigrette,mixing the torn chicken into the salad.

kiwigoldie, Mar 22, 5:40am
this is how we have it.i just dice it up and briefly stirfry in pan to heat.

niffer13, Mar 22, 11:01pm
Hot roast smoked chicken Yummy. Place in an oven bag & roast in oven for an hour. I add extra drum sticks (not smoked} for 4 people, they take on the smoked flavour. Also place veg in bag as well. Sit back & have Happy Hour while dinner cooks & even if you go over the hour a very moist dinner.

lyl_guy, Mar 22, 11:59pm
This is the only recipe I use for smoked chicken... it's VERY yummy!
CREAMY SMOKED CHICKEN & CHIVE FETTUCINE

Fettucine (enough for 4 pple), 25g butter, 5-6 spring onions (chopped), 1 tbsp minced garlic, 250g pot creme fraiche, 1c chicken stock, 1tbsp wholegrain mustard, 2 smoked chick breasts or 1/2 smoked chick (shredded), 2tbsp chopped chives, Parmesean to garnish...

1.cook the pasta till al dente
2.Melt butter in large fry pan, panfry the spring onions and garlic till soft, not brown.
3.Stir in the creme fraiche, stock, mustard, chicken, and chives, and heat through.
4.Add the drained pasta to the sauce, toss to mix.Season with S&P, serve garnished with grated parmesan.

(P.S I only use one chicken breast as I find it's enough for 4 people.... quite filling with the pasta).
Source:Tegel chicken ad in a magazine.

lynja, Mar 23, 9:02am
thank you all.

lyl_guy, Mar 23, 11:59pm
This is the only recipe I use for smoked chicken. it's VERY yummy!
CREAMY SMOKED CHICKEN & CHIVE FETTUCINE

Fettucine (enough for 4 pple), 25g butter, 5-6 spring onions (chopped), 1 tbsp minced garlic, 250g pot creme fraiche, 1c chicken stock, 1tbsp wholegrain mustard, 2 smoked chick breasts or 1/2 smoked chick (shredded), 2tbsp chopped chives, Parmesean to garnish.

1.cook the pasta till al dente
2.Melt butter in large fry pan, panfry the spring onions and garlic till soft, not brown.
3.Stir in the creme fraiche, stock, mustard, chicken, and chives, and heat through.
4.Add the drained pasta to the sauce, toss to mix.Season with S&P, serve garnished with grated parmesan.

(P.S I only use one chicken breast as I find it's enough for 4 people. quite filling with the pasta).
Source:Tegel chicken ad in a magazine.