Smoked Kingfish

gildon, Jan 1, 4:27am
Have been given a huge piece of smoked kingfish and am at a bit of a loss to know the best way to serve it.Would welcome any ideas.

sumstyle, Jan 1, 4:31am
Jealous.

I would serve it as simple as possible with crusty bread and butter, and a salad

davidt4, Jan 1, 4:33am
Make a lemon or garlic mayonnaise with egg yolks, olive oil and lemon juice to serve with it.Cucumber slices are a nice accompaniment.

You could also make a variation of Salade Nicoise - google for a recipe and substitute your kingfish for the tuna.

ant_sonja, Jan 1, 4:36am
Lucky you :-) You can flake it into nice bite sized pieces and serve with a dressing of olive oil, lemon and lots of fresh herbs. S&P to taste. The fish is the star here so I wouldn't add too many other things to it.

marcs, Jan 1, 6:52am
Yum fish pie. Oh I so miss smoked fish.

gildon, Jan 2, 8:40pm
Thank you all for your replies.I finally did a combination of the suggestions from sumstyle and david4 - yum.We have had two meals and there is still a big chunk left over for today!!Think the nice crusty bread or even French stick is a must.

sumstyle, Jan 2, 9:38pm
Yay!

Gonna try smoking some fish today using an Annabel Langbein recipe.First time smoker heh heh.

Trying to match a memory I had from the late 70s of visiting a Maori vicar with my dad, and for morning tea he gave us smoked snapper (I think).It was fabulous.The store-bought smoked fish doesn't match my memory so I'm gonna to try from scratch.

sumstyle, Jan 2, 11:40pm
....holy moly - I have just had a fab meal of smoked salmon, it was so darned easy to do, I'm gonna have another go with different varieties of fish.

davidt4, Jan 2, 11:58pm
Try smoking a trevally - it's our favourite after salmon.I've got some curing in the fridge right now (1 tab sugar, 1 tab salt, 2 tab bourbon) to smoke for dinner tonight.I usually cure it for about 6 hours but overnight is fine if that's more convenient.

guest, Feb 13, 12:36am
Where can I buy smoked kingfish, and have it sent to California????
EX FL Boy