Potatoes, something simple and delicious

rebecca18, Aug 8, 2:13am
Can anyone suggest a simple but delicious recipe for potatoes, something to serve with a chicken/cranberry casserole and spinach salad, there is a maximum of 1 hour available for preparation and cooking. Looking forward to your ideas, and thank you.

jbm3, Aug 8, 2:25am
Mash potatoes with camembert cheese.yum

245sam, Aug 8, 2:27am
rebecca18, I can think of lots of very simple ways that you could serve the potatoes but as an accompaniment to your casserole and salad one of the easiest, simplest and nicest (IMO) would be Half-Baked Potatoes - they're really half baked and half roasted and sooo simple -

Scrub the potatoes (as you would for baking them), then cut each unpeeled potato in half and brush the cut surface with oil or melted butter.Place the potatoes, cut-surface-down on a baking tray.
Bake at 180ºC-200ºCfor about 35-45 minutes (depends on the shape and size of the potatoes), until the potatoes give slightly when pressed.
The skin-side will be baked, the cut-side will be roasted.:-))

cookessentials, Aug 8, 2:31am
Have bumped up the potatoes thread which has some fabulous recipes in it.

rebecca18, Aug 8, 3:01am
Both ideas sound yummy but I especially like your idea 245sam, thank you. And I will look at the thread you refer to cookessentials, many thanks

kaddiew, Aug 8, 4:04am
I love half-baked potatoes but haven't made them in years. Thanks for the reminder, 245sam!

raewyn64, Aug 8, 4:15am
I slice potatoes and put them in an oven dish with a mix of packet onion soup and a pottle of cream. Cook until potatoes are soft.
If I want to do it in a hurry I microwave the whole potatoes for a few minutes until they are just getting soft, then slice them and put them in the casserole dish and the sauce. and into the oven until eveything is nice and hot.
Is really yummy!

daniclark, Aug 8, 8:56am
clever

sossie1, Aug 8, 8:59am
thick slice potatoes, and boil for5 minutes.

mix up a pot of sour cream, fresh chopped or crushed garlic, salt and pepper and whatever else you feel like.

one layer of spuds, 1 small teaspoon of sour cream mixture on each slice, then just keep layering.

bake in the oven, then add a layer of grated cheese sprinkled with aprika and back in the oven or grill

sossie1, Aug 8, 8:59am
thick slice potatoes, and boil for5 minutes.

mix up a pot of sour cream, fresh chopped or crushed garlic, salt and pepper and whatever else you feel like.

one layer of spuds, 1 small teaspoon of sour cream mixture on each slice, then just keep layering.

bake in the oven, then add a layer of grated cheese sprinkled with paprika and back in the oven or grill.

You can add all sorts of things, such as sauteed onions, bacon. I generally try to use up whatever veggies need to be eaten.

macwood2, Aug 8, 9:21am
rebecca18 - wouldn't mind the chicken cranberry casserole recipe.Do you mind posting it!

agave1, Aug 8, 10:16am
Scalloped Potatoes - out of the Edmonds book - really easy and tastes delicious.