***Salmon***

standard, Jul 16, 8:06am
I am being gifted one tomorrow, don't know if it's fresh or frozen, fresh I think.
What would be the nicest way to cook it!
Thanks

fifie, Jul 16, 9:09am
Use the search function on left Recipes,salmon, last year and lots of ideas there, lucky you enjoy.

mwood, Jul 16, 12:01pm
fill the cavity with your favourite herbs plus some butter - wrap in foil and roast in the oven - just doesn't get better than that for whole salmon.

gerry64, Jul 16, 12:07pm
tea smoke it on the BBQ

standard, Jul 16, 9:35pm
Thanks! Can't wait to do it.

sultana0, Jul 17, 6:44am
We're coming to your place. I love salmon raw, smoked (hot or cold) and fried. Easy to fry if boned, lightly salt the skin (not the flesh), fry in pan with only enough oil to lube bottom. Cook skin side down on med heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and rest while you plate up. Fry flesh side down for another 3 mins (moist) or 4 mins for a firmer texture. Serve with avocado and rabbit fodder (mesculin salad) and aoli.Very quick meal. PS if boned make sure you remove the pin bones.

aglarana, Jul 17, 10:13am
Salmon! You don't want that grotty old manky fish. I'll take it off your hands for you!

standard, Jul 18, 11:06pm
Sorry aglarana too late !

miri_s, Jul 19, 12:53am
*backs out of thread clutching behind*.

johnb26, Jul 19, 1:29am
If you have some leftover and don't know what to do with it; get a nice thin pizza base and cover the base with aioli or hollandaise sauce then put salmon over it in big or small pieces (depending on what you prefer).In a frypan with some olive oil, fry chopped garlic with green beans and spinach till some of the beans are a little black and crispy-ish but not burnt! Spread this mixture over the salmon and then put dollops of mashed potato over top. Drizzle with more aioli or hollandaise. Might sound a little different but tastes amazing!

karenz, Jul 19, 3:07am
If you do it in foil it might be worthwhile to buy the new non stick foil, because they do tend to stick to regular foil (in my experience).

standard, Jul 19, 4:19am
Thanks everyone, great idea's

sultana0, Jul 19, 10:04am
you must be mistaking me for the naked chef mwahaha, anyway 'standard', how did you prep and eat your salmon