Cold Salmon

fifie, Dec 17, 7:52am
Want to make a small whole salmon or a half salmon cold dish to compliment other meats and salads for xmas tea. Have thoughts of it on a platter served with a nice mayo any ideas? Will have to bake it as i don't have a fish poacher...

jazzzy, Dec 17, 8:02am
x1
Did you happen to watch Gordon Ramsay tonight? He made salmon on salad with poached eggs and taragon mayonnaise, looked really yummy. I am sure you could google to find recipe.

donnabeth, Dec 18, 1:55am
I wrapped a huge salmon in foil and placed it on a rack in my roasting dish and filled the dish with water, then baked it for about 40 minutes.

davidt4, Dec 18, 2:11am
This is what I most commonly serve with baked salmon, although lately I leave out the sugar.I sometimes make a double batch and use half to spread over the salmon before baking it.Make sure you don't overcook the salmon - it takes only about 20 min at 165 for a whole side.

Mustard and Dill Mayonnaise

2 tab Dijon mustard
1 tab white sugar
1 - 2 egg yolks
200 ml light olive or peanut oil
2 tab white wine vinegar
2 tsp dried dill tips
salt
white pepper

Beat mustard, sugar and egg yolk together, trickle in oil as for mayonnaise, beat in vinegar, dill and seasonings.

fifie, Dec 18, 8:17pm
Mmm thank you for those ideas, haven't done one for a while with all this hot weather were having i'm off to buy me a salmon. Love the sound of your mayo davidt thanks!problem solved..

greerg, Nov 12, 6:41pm
I like a lemon and dill mayonnaise.Pretty much the same as Davidt4's but less mustard, lemon juice instead of vinegar and some lemon zest.