Do you cook food you personally dont like

Page 2 / 2
shellz213, Jun 25, 7:41am
I cook macaroni cheese here which everyone loves, I add lots of extra goodies to it, but I can't stand the stuff, have never, ever liked it.When I make it, I usually make something else for myself or if I really, really can't be bothered making something else, suffer my way through a half serve of mac cheese but I really don't enjoy it.

evorotorua, Jun 25, 8:00am
exactly elliehen and mercury14.Still each to their own huh. Funny my mum will leave out onions for her but leaves mushrooms in despite the fact I don't like them. Often tease him about that. Greaser!

evorotorua, Jun 25, 8:03am
Nik12. I agree with you not cooking stuff you like when noone else does. Every once in a while though I cook stuff like rissotto and sod the rest of them. They have toast, or cook for themselves. They are all quite capable, it's just that I like to run the kitchen on my own so I am my own worst enemy.

1buzemum, Jun 25, 9:37am
Ha I loved it when my kids didn't like scollops I use to cook them often, problem though I must have enjoyed them too much because they all love them now so I hardly cook them any more :-(
And I don't think there is anything I don't like that my family do, I do love lamb liver and kidney but the family don't so I miss out most of the time with that.

aglarana, Jun 25, 9:40am
Yes. I am allergic to eggs but my boys(19-7 years old) eat eggs so I cook them all the time. Fried, scrambled, poached, quiche, boiled, whatever. I can't pass my problems or bias on to them.

ferita, Jun 25, 9:47am
I always cook food that I wont eat. I am a vegetarian but I will still cook meat for friends and family. I dont force my eating habits on my guests. If they are happy to have vegetarian food then thats fine but if they want meat then I will cook it for them. No problems.

aglarana, Jun 25, 9:54am
Me too! But vice versa. My beloved eldest cousin is a Tibetian monk, strict vego, not even allowed any dairy by products. I love it when he comes over for a visit. Really challenges my abilities to come up with new and interesting dishes.

sarahb5, Jun 25, 8:39pm
Same but luckily for me my kids prefer the packet stuff (!) and hubby has never expressed an interest in mac n cheese anyway

purplegoanna, Jun 25, 10:10pm
yip mussel fritters for mrpg, cant stand mussels myself but apparently i make amazing mussel fritters.

purplegoanna, Jun 25, 10:11pm
ive done whitebait fritters and think theyre tasteless.scallops i will eat but think they taste like chop fat! so why eat them when mrpg drools ova them.oysters look like snot so i refuse to buy, handle or cook them! lol

kandu1, Jun 25, 10:19pm
Yes- I expect my kids to eat dinner even if it's something they don't like but others do, so I lead by doing so myself. I hate curry with a vengence- but figure it makes up for when I make corned beef which my hubby hates!

sarahb5, Jun 25, 10:43pm
I must admit I can't imagine me ever going to the trouble of cooking something I don't like for dinner because then what would I eat!I can't stand "boiled" meat of any description (ie. corned beef, pot roast, etc) so I can't imagine ever cooking that for my family.I have no idea whether they would like it because I'd never cook it in the first place - things I don't like to eat just don't have a place on my meal planner or anywhere else in my repertoire.I'd never make a cake with walnuts in it either because even though I don't generally eat what I bake I don't like walnuts, and I never buy tinned salmon even though hubby quite likes it - even the smell makes me gag.

jellabie, Jun 26, 3:04am
I dont - unless my husband brings it home. but heshappy to cook the things I dont like so its never a problem.I wont eat crayfish or offal but I will cook pork and have even started to eat a little of it in the past year, but I would never think to buy it on purpose. for the most part I get the choice on meals and cook most of them but if hubby goes fishing he takes over the kitchen, he also takes over if steak is on the menu because I over cook it to my well done preference while him and the kids are all medium rares!

beaker59, Jun 26, 3:54am
No but then I struggle to think of anything I don't like.

chefwilliams, Jun 26, 9:41am
worst thing ever well done steaks

franrich, Jun 26, 12:45pm
Yup my husband loves cornbeef which I can't stand! But will give in every few months and make it for him!

beaker59, Jun 27, 1:06am
Well thats one thing I do for my wife steak boiled in butter I call it, she likes it done in a covered pan on a lowish heat so it just browns for about half an hour in butter. So on steak night I have two pans on one for mine and sons and one for her, hers goes on first then ours 10 min later, ours resting for 15min while hers finishes cooking then serve.

jaxma, Jun 27, 2:07am
No - never.