How to cook a roast pork

jaymez1, Jul 11, 11:26pm
my name soraya,im ten an im cooking my family a roast pork,its 4 kgs i wanted to know the best way or some waysi can cook this so it doesnt come out dry,and that it comes out cooked even thru how do you cook yours much thanks soraya,

purplegoanna, Jul 11, 11:33pm
all of my pork roasts go in a bag with 1/4c water, a sprig of rosemary, a few cltohes of garlic and a doz peppercorns, i aslo score the skin and rub in 50/50 oil/salt mix, leave a finger sized whole when you do up the bag, i put mine in at 3-3.30pm at 150-160 and then at about 6pm i take out of bag and turn oven upto 180', give me time to get the skin crackling and do my roast spuds etc..i take it out once the crackling is done and cover it in foil and let it rest while i then crank to oven upto 220' to finish my spuds..we usually eat between 7-8pm.

petal1955, Jul 11, 11:42pm
Got to agree with an ovenbag...they turn out lovely and moist..I always take the skin off first..........before putting into the bag......place the skin on a rack and cook..underside first then top side....which has be scored.......

lythande1, Jul 12, 2:07am
If you haven't got an oven bag, use a covered dish. Take the lid off last 1/2 hr cooking.

Ad cut the crackling off, cook it off the meat.

janienz1, Jul 12, 2:13am
LOL, keep it simple, OP is 10 :)

sjordan, Jul 12, 4:17am
I put mine in the oven at about 160 degrees with a little oil and water in the pan. Salt on the top and cook nice and slow

antoniab, Jul 12, 4:33am
We slow cook ours too - partner prefers it that way