Export Lamb Legs Countdown

Page 1 / 2
cookessentials, Jun 30, 8:00am
Beautiful export quality lamb legs at countdown Masterton. Not sure if it is all Countdown stores. Cooked it tonight, it was beautifully moist. I paid just under $20 for ours.

geldof, Jun 30, 8:16am
I stocked up after trying one out first.
Can get two meals and sammies for 7 people - $20 -$25.

cookessentials, Jun 30, 8:19am
Thought I would get a couple more tomorrow and pop them in the freezer. Only two of us, but there will be another meal there at least. The meat was so delicious.

beaker59, Jun 30, 9:23am
Thats what I do too buy one try it then race back and buy a few more thanks to you both for saving me the effort I will go see if I can get a fewup here.

Picked up a whole Rump today for 7.99Kg from PnS last lot they had were really good haven't tried this one yet.

geldof, Jun 30, 9:25am
There's a limit of three, beaker59.
I sent hubby back down the next day.

beaker59, Jun 30, 9:27am
3 would be enough anyway.

cookessentials, Jun 30, 9:37am
Yeah, I wanted to be sure that they were nice, although, just looking at them, they looked really good. The ones I got had the "Affco" labelling on the packaging.

dezzie, Jun 30, 9:40am
Last time they were on special at countdown, they also had a few that must have been close to their date, that they'd chucked in the freezer and marked down to $8.99 a k, so have a wee squizz in there as well.

aktow, Jun 30, 10:09am
its easy to get around there 3 limit rule. when i want pepsi and they have a 12 limit rule igo out to my car and put the 12in it and then go straight back inside and get twelve more.
they say 12 limit but not 12 limit per day so you can go in as many times as you like. go in with your partner and then they can pay for three seperate.

lythande1, Jun 30, 6:55pm
I saw that ad, half price at $8.99kg.
Geez, normal price from Aussie Butcher is $12kg.

So Countdown is normally $18kg. Robbers.

toadfish, Jun 30, 8:34pm
I went to buy fresh, but knew they were going in the freezer staight away. I saw the frozen ones as well - but not shortdated just a different supplier by the looks, $1 cheaper a kg, so i paid the same price and got more meat - these also seemed to be a better shape more meat at the fat end if you know what i mean, - mmmmm, seriosly thinking of going back today.

nala2, Jun 30, 9:12pm
I saw a news report a few weeks ago about a cancelled order to the UK so I am picking that is the reason for this, grab it before it goes back up.

fifie, Jun 30, 9:41pm
Had the same for 2 of us lol, beautiful treat, went back and got 2 more for the freezer. Lot of lamb around at the moment cancelled export orders i hear.

mwood, Jun 30, 10:12pm
So sadExport Quality $ price cheaper than our "domestic grade" price - NZ plummets to 3rd World status

beaker59, Jun 30, 10:17pm
What an odd thing to say, and factually quite wrong really.

mwood, Jun 30, 11:59pm
Wake up and smell the Lillies - we are a dying economy

strebor1, Jul 1, 1:58am
Yes make the most of it. And isn't it time we could afford to eat our own lamb! Just loving it.

bedazzledjewels, Jul 1, 2:00am
I'm going soon, so I hope there's some left for me!

fallenangel2107, Jul 1, 2:05am
Thanks for this thread. Just happened upon it. Jumped in car, went to local countdown and got 2 x carvery lambs at just under 30.00 each.yummy

kuaka, Jul 1, 2:05am
Went there today and there weren't any.Typical.Lamb legs are usually $17.99kg on special at my local Countdown.Even scungy old neck chops are $16.99kg.Talk about a rip off.

indy95, Jul 1, 2:10am
Yes, strebor it certainly is time we could afford to eat our own lamb. It is now classed as a luxury and is far beyond the means of many people. I was thinking recently about what I would serve as a main course for a special meal and decided that it would come down to either lamb or duck.

dreamers, Jul 1, 2:11am
You could have asked for a rain check,which gives you 14 days to purchase.

nala2, Jul 1, 3:33am
Not in this case. The sign said "Limited supplies and the special was only while stocks lasted"

fifie, Jul 1, 4:07am
Noticing the last few weeks there is more cheaper meat around,ive been buying nice lamb cutlets also,something i don't normally have these days as they are so expensive, good for the freezer. Great! when its not wanted overseas they like us to buy it, quite sadwhen there is heaps produced here and the poor ave NZ family can't afford it.

dreamers, Jul 1, 4:25am
Interesting .Taupo had run out and had a sign to ask for a rain check,which I did.