Lamb Flaps

madijax, May 25, 12:15am
Hi,

I have some lamb flaps, never had them, never cooked with them... Can someone please tell me what to do with these, Love crock pot cooking so if I could get some sort of recipe please....also is the meat really fatty????

Thanks heaps...

cgvl, May 25, 1:03am
take as much fat off as is possible.
Make your favourite stuffing, I use both breadcrumbs and cooked rice with apricots and nuts in mine.
put the stuffing towards the middle (in a line) of the flap and roll up. you will need to tie or skewer meat so it stays in a round.
Season and then you can roast (bake) or sear first then bake.
I think you will find it is too fatty for the crockpot.
This cut of meat stuffed is often called colonial goose.

If you have the time and inclination you could remove all the meat and make a casserole or use it to make a hearty meat and vegie soup.

fifie, May 25, 1:35am
As #2 says, or you can do it in C/pot, sit a saucer upturned in the bottom of the c/p bowl then rub a little oil over meat Salt pepper, brown it in a hot frying pan all sides, place meat on top of the saucer in crockpot (this keeps it up out of any fat), drizzle a little balsamic vinegar over meat, lid on and cook.

lythande1, May 25, 9:01pm
Give them to the dog. By the time you trim them there's almost nothing left.

rainrain1, May 25, 9:10pm
Trim the meat off, put it in with the neck chops and make an Irish Stew

lcscott, May 25, 9:52pm
they excellent dog tuckergood for nothing esetoo fatty and too tough

rainrain1, May 25, 10:20pm
Yes, and don't forget the cat!

madijax, May 26, 12:15am
Hi,

I have some lamb flaps, never had them, never cooked with them. Can someone please tell me what to do with these, Love crock pot cooking so if I could get some sort of recipe please.also is the meat really fatty!

Thanks heaps.

rubysmama, May 26, 3:22am
Flai kapisi is yummy, but chopping thru bone sux, i get dp to do that.
chop up, fry with no oil on high, drain fat at some point, keep frying til meat starting to fall off, add sliced onion, drop in a whole shredded cabbage and cook til soft, pepper and salt to taste and eat with mashed taties or rice

lythande1, May 26, 9:01pm
Give them to the dog. By the time you trim them there's almost nothing left.

rainrain1, May 26, 10:20pm
Yes, and don't forget the cat!