Ray Mcvinnie Simons Lamb Hotpot

highfences, May 14, 11:50pm
Ray Mcvinnies recipe in the Sunday Star TIimes for Simons Mothers Lamb Hotpot a few months ago please.

biddy6, May 15, 4:57am
I think this is the one you're after.
Recipe by Simon Gault

1/2 cup plain flour
Extra virgin olive oil
1 kg Lamb leg, 2.5cm dice
1 kg Beef chuck, 2.5cm dice
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 onions, finely diced
4 carrots, peeled, finely diced
4 celery stalks, peeled, finely diced
2 Tbs tomato paste
1 Tbs smoked paprika
Black peppercorns
2 Tbs Lee & Perrins
1 cup red wine
1/4 cup marsala
1 cup Campbells Real Stock Vegetable
1 Tbs chopped thyme
1 Tbs chopping rosemary
1 sprig bay leaves
2 Tbs Lee & Perrins

1 Heat an oiled saucepan over a medium heat, place flour in a bowl and season with salt and pepper, lightly dust lamb in flour, place in pan and brown all over, remove from pan, set aside.

Drizzle pan with more olive oil and place back over medium heat, toss beef in seasoned flour, place in pan and brown all over, take out and set aside.

2 Place the saucepan back over a medium heat, drizzle with oil, sauté the garlic, onions, carrots and celery and cook until soft. Add tomato paste and smoked paprika cook a further few minutes.

3 Return the meats to the pan; add the peppercorns, lee and perrins, wine, marsala, Campbells vegetable stock, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, season with salt and pepper.

Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until lamb and beef are tender.

biddy6, May 16, 4:57am
I think this is the one you're after.
Recipe by Simon Gault

1/2 cup plain flour
Extra virgin olive oil
1 kg Lamb leg, 2.5cm dice
1 kg Beef chuck, 2.5cm dice
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 onions, finely diced
4 carrots, peeled, finely diced
4 celery stalks, peeled, finely diced
2 Tbs tomato paste
1 Tbs smoked paprika
Black peppercorns
2 Tbs Lee & Perrins
1 cup red wine
1/4 cup marsala
1 cup Campbells Real Stock Vegetable
1 Tbs chopped thyme
1 Tbs chopping rosemary
1 sprig bay leaves
2 Tbs Lee & Perrins

1 Heat an oiled saucepan over a medium heat, place flour in a bowl and season with salt and pepper, lightly dust lamb in flour, place in pan and brown all over, remove from pan, set aside.

Drizzle pan with more olive oil and place back over medium heat, toss beef in seasoned flour, place in pan and brown all over, take out and set aside.

2 Place the saucepan back over a medium heat, drizzle with oil, sauté the garlic, onions, carrots and celery and cook until soft. Add tomato paste and smoked paprika cook a further few minutes.

3 Return the meats to the pan; add the peppercorns, lee and perrins, wine, marsala, Campbells vegetable stock, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, season with salt and pepper.

Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until lamb and beef are tender.

angelia, May 19, 11:11am
No, I think it was less complicated than this one and had potqatoes in it I'm hoping someone has the receipt too

guest, May 22, 1:20am
Check out http://goldencrocodile.blogspot.com

sue_tasty, Jun 16, 9:49pm
It is much simpler and I have the recipe somewhere - will look it out, then what do I do?

sue_tasty, Jun 16, 10:21pm
Yes it was simple and had potatoes, parsley, onions, bay leaf and beef stock.....