A good sausage

bea2, Jul 8, 11:49pm
I would love a good old fashioned sausage and they are very hard to find. One that is not too hard,must belight and fluffy, and not over spiced. Can you please tell me is it best to buy pre cooked ones.
I love a good sausage, with fried onions, stuffed with potatoes , but most trade names are not always the best. Any suggestions please

effcee1, Jul 8, 11:51pm
um!

fifie, Jul 9, 12:21am
Me to, can't beat the good old bangers. I like campbellsbeef sausages not overspiced can find them usually at S/markets. Have changed my cooking method of these new sausages that are around lamb,pork, etc am enjoying them more now. Put into frypan add about 1/2 inch water simmer till water has gone, turn down heat and then fry as usual the water steam cooks the meat and frying browns them, they come out great.Got this tip off the telly from a chef.

patxyz, Jul 9, 12:22am
Make your own

winnie231, Jul 9, 12:30am
bea2 - in my opinion the pre-cooked sausages never taste as good as the raw ones you cook yourself. Below is an article on last years best sausage competition .
http://www.meateaters.co.nz/sausages/and-the-winner-of-the-best-sausage-is/

shop-a-holic, Jul 9, 3:12am
I too, am a bit old fashioned.My favs for an "old fashion type" are Hellers Pure Pork (fresh) sausages. Smooth and creamy texture.

For a truly authentic, soft, fluffy, smoky Saveloy would have to be Premier Meat Company savs. Real skins and they taste just like the ones butchers would giveaway to you in a shop, when you were a child.

bea2, Jul 9, 9:29am
I thank you all for your replies, Thank you for the cooking tip fifie. I always cook that way and it is excellent. good way to do chops too.
Patxyz. have you a receipe for making sausages !
I will have a go at making them
Big thankyou to all