Sausage recipes please.

cautis, Oct 25, 6:27am
I have used the search function for some sausage recipes and found about 6 that I like the look of but does anyone have some more?The majority of them seem to be tomato based and while I do like that, the kids get sick of it.The only ones I have which aren't tomato based are plain old snags and mash, jambalaya and sausage stroganoff.

noonesgirl, Oct 25, 6:54am
How about Braised Sausages, Scotch Eggs, meat loaf or patties made from sausage meat.
Check out Google, recipies there.

smileeah, Oct 25, 7:10am
Curried sausages? Boil sausages with a shake of curry powder and a sml clove garlic for 2 mins. Fry chopped onion with optional garlic in oil until soft. Add curry powder to taste (I use 1-2t for our family) and cook further min or so. Chop sausages into chunks and toss in flour. Add to pan and fry 30sec or so. Add 1 1/2 c chicken stock and bring to boil. At this stage you can either simmer in pan for up to 1 hour or transfer to casserole dish and bake 180c for up to 1 hour. Its a huge hit in our family. Simple and tasty. Sometimes I add frozen mixed veges and pour into lasagne type dish. Top with mashed potatoes and cheese and bake until cheese bubbly.

cautis, Oct 25, 7:33am
Thanks smile but have a lot with curry, had it tonight actually and none come close to a special one we make regularly!

Noonesgirl, I'm looking for specifically sausages, I hate getting my hands dirty with sausagemeat lol.

tullyann, Oct 25, 7:52am
love curry sausages but how do i not get tough an rubber sausages,
any hints , got them from a good butcher as well ,thanks all

southerngurl, Oct 25, 7:55am
my mum makes a fantastic sausage casserole.. cant give u the recipe sorry

ferita, Oct 25, 9:02am
Poach them in beer until just cooked then add them to the curry sauce and serve

smileeah, Oct 25, 9:06am
I thought it was just the quality of the sausages? I don't have that problem myself.

mindi1, Oct 25, 11:25am
Devilled sausages.I often use a Maggi packet but if not one available, just compromise. Brown sausages. Finely slice an apple and an onion, brown these too for about 5 mins. Make up the packet sauce with water and tomato sauce, or you could just make a sauce with water, tomato sauce and some stock ... anything really. Yummo. Either leave sausages whole or chop them up into thirds.

rainrain1, Oct 25, 6:12pm
Try taking the is skins off after you boll them

kirinesha, Oct 25, 7:17pm
How about good old Toad in the Hole?

winnie231, Oct 25, 7:23pm
Golden Sausages:

* 500gms sausages
* 1 onion chopped
* 1 carrot grated
* 2 tbsp flour
* 2 tbsp vinegar
* 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tbsp sugar
* Add 2 cups boiling water
* Salt and pepper

Method:
Place sausages into a baking dish along with chopped onions and carrot.
Mix flour, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and sugar to a smooth paste.
Then add 2 cups of boiling water along with salt and pepper.
Pour over sausages and vegetables and bake at 160C for 11/2 - 2hrs.

This is really delicious and great with mixed mash or mashed herbed potatoes.

tullyann, Oct 26, 6:45am
will do thanks

cautis, Oct 26, 7:11am
Thanks guys.:)

naki45, Jun 24, 10:19pm
What about stuffing them with cheesey and onion mashed potato, and anything else you like...capsicum/bacon/ham/and a little more cheese on top to melt.