What are you making for dinner ?

kevlight, Jul 14, 6:37am
hungry and can not be bothered, whats quick and yum

thinking chicken and corn soup to start ,but whats for mains!

geldof, Jul 14, 7:00am
We had pork chowmein, and peach and passionfruit bread and butter pudd with choc ganache.

Was using up all sorts of leftovers from the fridge.

family007, Jul 15, 5:26am
Making bacon and egg pie for tea, will make a large one so I can have it cold in my lunch at work!

wheelz, Jul 15, 5:27am
umm.nothing.late 3 pm lunch.

antoniab, Jul 15, 5:27am
Wild watercress soup - picked some in a stream at work, never used the wild stuff before so hope it turns out ok. Will use the rest tomorrow in a boil up (never made one of them either lol)

davidt4, Jul 15, 5:35am
It's just me for dinner tonight, so I'll put together something with Brussels sprouts, chorizo and kumara, maybe a couple of eggs.

rainrain1, Jul 15, 5:43am
eggs straight from the chooks bum

gaspodetwd, Jul 15, 5:58am
Roast lamb, brussel sprouts, carrots, corn, green beans, mashed butter and swede, kumara mash and chips.
Aka leftovers.

lizab, Jul 15, 5:58am
roast lamb here for dinner with rhubarb crumble for pudding. See the original post was from Saturday though - we had beef stir fry last night which was real quick and easy. I bought some weiner schnitzel (too much for one meal) so the ones I didn't crumb, I saved and sliced into a satay stir fry last night. Pre-prepared a curried sausage casserole tonight, to go into the slow cooker tomorrow morning. Leftovers from the roast lamb for Tuesday night, so I'm feeling good, dinners all sorted for the next couple of days :)

kara101, Jul 15, 5:59am
Mac n cheese. comfort food.

nfh1, Jul 15, 6:02am
We are having chicken Madras curry which is bubbling in my slow cooker, with rice and romanesco brocolli and carrots.It smells lovely.

kinna54, Jul 15, 7:21am
corned beef, creamy white onion sauce for DH.mustard for me, mashed spuds, carrots and peas.off now to make banana splits for dessert. cos I'm a lil piggy for desserts.

frier, Jul 16, 5:35am
Lamb shanks done in crockpot all day with mashed kumara and potato, lashings of gravy mmmm

ruby19, Jul 16, 6:43am
Roast chicken, creamy garlic mash and braised brussel sprouts.

sarahb5, Jul 16, 7:18am
BLTs and homemade wedges for us tonight

guest, Jan 11, 5:44am
Dude, right on there brherto.

guest, Jan 13, 1:18pm
deanna follette / Dan and I sertatd with people we hadn't talked to in quite a while. That still left us with a lot (I had a large extended family). Looking back at our pictures I see how many people were temporary in our lives. I would look carefully at people who have been a part of your life for a long time. You can invite people to the wedding and not the reception. Many people do say small reception to follow for family, and close friends. You could always have the reception a different day. Especially if you're keeping it simple, like the day after, or even a week after.I'm sure you'll figure something out and good luck. Remember it's your day.

guest, Jan 14, 9:52am
that it was a no-no. This post seemed to erspxes the thought If you expect people to come to your wedding, dress up, devote their time to you, bring a gift, then the LEAST you can do is offer them some coffee/tea/punch and cake or cookies afterward .I did have a friend once who had a bring a dish to pass reception. I would think that would be suitable for an informal picnic.Back in my day, it was normal just to have a small reception in the church basement afterwards. It seems like the wedding industry has gotten us away from that now.