Sushi filling ideas

janine18, Jun 5, 4:19am
hi, i am going to start making sushi again myself and was wondering what other people have found to be good fillings.thanks :)

sossie1, Jun 5, 4:22am
i once made bacon and egg sushi, and it was delicious.

Egg made into an omeltte and sliced into strips. Thin bacon rashers grilled and placed onto kitchen roll to soak up excess oil. add avocado

The salty bacon worked really well with the sweet rice

janine18, Jun 5, 5:02am
oh yum that sounds really nice :)

geldof, Jun 5, 5:05am
Chocolate and fish, like the two young guys on 'The Food Truck' asked for.

charlieb2, Jun 5, 6:21am
lol geldof.Was an interesting episode and janine, according to the "master sushi maker" on that show, you can use anything as your filling!

sarahb5, Jun 5, 7:41am
Smoked salmon and avocado is always my favourite.Also like sweet chilli chicken and cucumber, smoked chicken and spring onion, prawns and Japanese mayo or aioli (also good with surimi)

babytears, Jun 5, 8:37am
Tuna (teriyaki or lemon pepper etc) and cream cheese is to die for!

mouse_y, Jun 19, 3:34am
. Bump .

combo's of smoked salmon , marinated chicken , avocado, capsicum, spring onion,cream cheese, carrot, shrimp and surimi finely chopped etc

nat148, Jun 19, 3:39am
you must have read my mind, I was thinking of making sushi for lunches - does any one know how to cook it in the microwave -I am a bit boring with my sushi fillings I like salmon and avocado but my daughter loves teriyaki chicken, I wonder what a bit of salmon flavored philly would be like

tjman, Jun 19, 5:17am
You can get that chop chop teriyaki chicken chunks in a tin.It makes for a very easy lunch.Also the tomato chicken is great too.

antoniab, Jun 19, 5:46am
Raw salmon and avocado is my favourite - dont bother with chicken, or even worse pineapple and cheese cheese! What the!!

pecka, Jun 19, 8:11am
smoked chicken, avo and japanese mayo :)also surimi, avo, cucumber and a bit of cream cheese. Reverse rolls are nice, with the nori on the inside and a few toasted sesame seeds on the outside.

sultana0, Jun 19, 8:53am
Cheeeese! Piiiineapple! I so agree with you, no, never arrrgh. Cooked chooks from the supermarket or garages are OK, when we have sushi night we also do a kilo of chilli lime home cooked prawns too. a huge meal for under 40 bucks to feed at least 5, with left overs and we are full as