Your best three course meal?

oooooowwwwww, Jun 10, 5:14am
if you were having guests, and wanted to cook your best ever three course meal what would it be!
(im not having guests any time soon, but want to learn to some more great recipes and dont know where to start so figured this would be a good starting point)

duckmoon, Jun 10, 5:20am
Kumera soup, steak and mashed potatoes and tiremasu (sp)

seedy4, Jun 10, 5:23am
mushroom soup, salmon steak and salad, creme brulee (saved the calories for pud!)

oooooowwwwww, Jun 10, 5:30am
oh these are sounding good! can i please have the soup and desert recipes if its not too much hassle!

karenz, Jun 10, 5:35am
Fresh tomato soup, steak with spinach, avocado and cherry tomato salad with an avocado oil dressing and with warm crispy streaked bacon crumbled over just before serving and fresh melon and grapes for desert.

shop-a-holic, Jun 10, 5:46am
Entree
Freshly Shucked Bluff Oysters served in Shell served over ice Au Natural or;
Baked: your choice of Lemon, Vodka and Thyme; Pancetta, Aged Balsamic and Chilli; whipped Raclette, Kirsch and Cream; Smoked Capsicum puree, Feta and Dill Vol au Vent or Tempura Battered Wine Match: Dog Point Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough).

Main
Duck Served Four Ways;
Confit Maryland cut; crispy skinned breast (med-rare) with Tea-smoked Otago cherries; Pulled Duck and Vegetable Pie and a Duck Minestrone cauldron. Wine Match: Peregrine Pinot Noir 2007 (Central Otago).

Dessert
Homemade Rhubarb and Cardhu (Scot.) Single Malt Sorbet Island, atop Meringue Petals and Butterscotch Caviar, floating in hot Strawberry Juice.
Wine Match: Huia Methode Traditionelle.

oooooowwwwww, Jun 10, 5:51am
HOLY SH1T! shop-a-holic that sounds AMAZING! but so far ahead of the level i am able to cook at!

nadineb, Jun 10, 5:57am
Kings soup with extra vegetable
Lasagne with salad and garlic bread
Apple crumble or chocolate self saucing pudding

shop-a-holic, Jun 10, 5:59am
Please don't be too alarmed. Everything on this list is done in advance. All you have to do on the night is re-heating and assembling.
Trust me.

punkinthefirst, Jun 15, 7:59am
I like to spend time with the people I've invited, so, depending on the time of year, and what's in season.

A tomato or a clear vegetable soup with plenty of flavour

Casserole or Boeuf Carbonnade with in-season vegetablesand fluffy mashed potatoes in winter.
Roast Chicken with a green salad in summer.

Some sort of a fruit tart ora fruit platter and good cheeses. Maybe some nice home-made vanilla iceceam. (I have an old-fashioned wooden icecream churn that makes the most delicious, smooth icecream). Or, in summer, halved and stoned summer stonefruit, drizzled with butterscotch schnapps and brown sugar, baked in the oven til soft, and served warm, with softly-whipped cream

Good wine, good company, good conversation, good coffee to follow, with more good conversation.

Nothing that needs last minute fussing.

jelliebeen, Jun 15, 9:29pm
x1
Thats defo my style of comfort winter food :) yummy

asue, Jun 16, 4:47am
Hey that's my standard menu - hope we don't have the same friends -lol

bambi58, Jun 16, 5:07am
Winter!
Pumpkin soup with a splodge of sour cream
Roast of your choice, with heaps of veges,including oinion & mushrooms, with greens.
shortcake, apple, strawberry, any fruit you like, with custard, and/or icecream, topped with a few chopped fruits.

buzzy110, Jun 16, 6:48am
Whatever I feel like cooking. Presentation and balance is everything. I try not to serve up three courses of stodge.