Beef curry for crock pot

tokokkk, Mar 9, 10:34pm
Has anyone tried this recipe, it sounds delicious but I just want to know how hot it is or is it more spicy than hot. would kids eat it. TIA.

wise_one, Mar 10, 7:03am
bumping this for tomorrow

lindylambchops1, Mar 10, 7:37am
Great curry recipes, thank you all, have copied & pasted in My Recipes.Now the weather might be changing seems a good idea to be prepared!

southbrook1, May 17, 5:40am
hi foodies out there can any one help me with a crrock pot recipie for a good yummie mild beef curry getting cold down here need some gooood warm up food

campmum, May 17, 6:30am
Courtesy of this msg board.haven't tried yet but looks good
Here's the easiest ever crockpot curry I tried yesterday and loved
1 kg blade/chuck steak or gravy beef
1 green apple, peeled and chopped
1 carrot, diced
1 large onion, diced
4 Tblsp flour
2 tsp each ground coriander and cumin
1 tsp tumeric
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or chilli powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 dsrtsp brown sugar
1 tin coconut cream (I use light to make me feel better!)
1/2 cup chopped cashew nuts (optional)
Place meat, onion. apple and carrot in crockpot - stir. Combine flour, brown sugar and spices and seasoning together then stir into crockpot. Pour in coconut cream and stir well. Put lid on and cook on low for 5 - 7 hours depending on meat used. 30 mins before serving turn on to high until sauce has thickened slightly. Sprinkle with nuts and serve on rice.

southbrook1, May 17, 6:45am
thanks just luv curry will give it a go

earthangel4, May 17, 6:46am
yum,I would have to use gluten free flour,but would it be ok to leave out the sugar,sounds lovely.

geldof, May 17, 6:59am
Earthangel, the apple will add some sweetness.
I don't know if you are allowed banana,but I love to slice it and sprinkle with lemon juice to stop it going brown, then toss in coconut.Lovely with a curry.

Have you thought about using coconut sugar!
"
Key Benefits: Low GI so gives long sustained energy, doesn't spike your blood sugar like regular sugar, keeps you feeling full for longer. Contains high levels of essential amino acid Glutamine which is necessary for muscle and skin repair, high levels of Inositol Vitamin B8 - Inositol fights the moody blues and helps us to stay in a positive frame of mind."

kellybme, May 17, 8:15am
Just Finished eating mine for tea, yummmm
blade/chuck steak or gravy beef, dice, flour & brown then into crock pot.1 tin tomatoes, chopped, 1 tin pineapple pieces with juice, teaspoon crushed garlic, 2 teaspoons beef stock, 1 x diced onion, 3 tablespoons of curry paste (i used Tikka Masala paste in jar - which i freeze - spoon out whats required and back into freezer for next time.)very good!

earthangel4, May 18, 2:29am
yes I can have bananas,I have one everyday,that is about all.
I will have to read up on coconut sugar,as I have Hypoglycemia,and atm I am so well,but thank you.

allspices, May 18, 7:31am
Would maize cornflour be a gluten free option! The curry could be thickened in the last 1/2 hourmaybe!

jodie-mike, May 18, 8:03am
1 tin lite coconut cream
1 tin plain tomatoes
1-2 Tblsp peanut butter
1-2 Tblsp curry paste
1-2 Tblsp brown sugar
Dash of fish sauce if you have any
Mix together and pour over beef and
Chopped Kumera.
So yum and authentic tasting.

julie28, May 19, 12:32am
Yummo will be making beef curry

southbrook1, May 19, 5:01am
yum cant wait till monday nite curry nite!

lisamarie3, Aug 14, 12:19am
Does any one have a recipe for beef curry that only uses packet stuff

nauru, Aug 14, 12:23am
I use potato starch to thicken in CP, are you allowed to use that!It thickens immediately and no need to cook it out like you have to with flour and cornflour.

nauru, Aug 14, 12:25am
What do you mean packet stuff,ie: curry powder or a packet curry sauce mix!

lisamarie3, Aug 14, 12:27am
Sorry I mean curry packets that kind have everything in them - when your a busy working mum you dont have much time to mix everything up :)

nauru, Aug 14, 11:03am
Lisamarie3 - Maggi do cook in the pot ones for curry, I think.I have used the Stroganoff ones in the past in my CP and they were always OK so guess the curry ones would work too, just don't add as much liquid as the pkt says.

bopeep80, Aug 14, 12:12pm
x1
Funny I should see this thread. I have just this minute finished sending my one off to my daughter in law. Its one of the best crock pot curries I have tasted.

Beef Curry in the Crock Pot

Serves 4

1kg diced beef
2 tsp oil
4 onions
2 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp crushed ginger (optional)
½ cup grated pumpkin (optional)
3tsp ground coriander
3 tsp ground cumin
3 tsp turmeric
3 tsp garum masala
1 tsp ground chilli
1 tsp salt
½ - 1 tsp ground black peppers
2 cans Watties Indian Tomatoes
¼ can coconut cream (optional)

Finely dice onions and along with the pumpkin, garlic and ginger, stir fry using 1 tsp of oil, on high heat until they are transparent and starting to brown.

Add all the spices to the pan and continue to stir fry the mixture for a few mintes (hot frying the spices with the onions releases the flavours better) Put onion mixture into the crock pot.

Return the fry pan to the heat, add the remaining oil and stir fry the beef in a couple of batches, cooking until slightly browned on all sides. Add to the crockpot.

Stir into the crockpot, the canned tomatoes and coconut cream if using. ( I never add any other liquids to this recipe)

Cook on low for at least 8 hours.

Note, adding the pumpkin boosts the vege content, bulks it up a little and seems to add a nice consistency

I only add the coconut cream in I have it, usually I have some in the freezer left over from other dishes.

ETA I mix my own curry powder using those 5 spices.

mac81, Aug 20, 1:16am
I tried this recipe on Sunday bopeep80! First time I have ever done a curry - turned out fantastic!Thank you.

raewyn64, Aug 20, 3:20am
me too - but I reduced the spices a little in quantity and it came out just right for us - having the remainder tonight with rice.