Why oh why do they need to ruin good food

clr26, Mar 18, 8:04am
with crap. Copy of an email I just sent to Santa Rosa "I admit I started eating your chicken without reading the label too carefully. Being gluten free was the most immediate worry and in that respect it passed. We normally eat mostly natural foods but I found your chicken sliced in a salad gave it some ommph so had started buying it. I have a daughter who is allergic to some colours and is much better at reading the labels than I am and I was horrified to discover that you have "124" red in your chicken. I am disgusted that you use a colour banned in some countries, been shown to cause adverse reactions in people and that has no business being in chicken. I will no longer be buying your chicken and will be passing the use of your food dye to others"

esther-anne, Mar 18, 8:49am
a)who/what is Santa Rosa

b)why don't you read labels carefully!

c)I don't really have a clue what you are talking about

Could you elucidate a little please clr26!

P>S.I am a little tired at the moment so excuse me if I find your message rather undecipherable.

clr26, Mar 18, 8:53am
Santa Rosa do smoked chicken and chicken breasts. They are a Christchurch company. Taste yummy but are toxic

lilyfield, Mar 18, 8:59am
I so agree with you,
That is exactly why I never never buy anything that someone has tampered with.

rlr29, Mar 18, 9:11am
I'd say smoked chicken looks sickly grey, without colouring.

vintagekitty, Mar 18, 9:39am
I LOVE Santa Rosa Peri peri smoked chicken breast more than a fat kid loves cake. Love, love it

elliehen, Mar 18, 10:10am
You are such a rebel, vintagekitty ;)

vintagekitty, Mar 18, 8:30pm
am I!. I just like what I like

sarahb5, Mar 18, 9:25pm
Why toxic!Surely only toxic to people who have allergy issues relating to that particular food colouring!

beaker59, Mar 19, 12:21am
Wouldn't smoking chicken add a heck of a lot more "toxins" than a little red food colouring!

seano7, Mar 19, 12:23am
just eat frillys awesome gf bakery in carterton and its a cafe too everything is gf not just something and they deliver all over nz

pheebs1, Mar 19, 12:50am
id rather have a sickly grey chicken than a fake pink one
how odd
we would all get use to it in time and be much better off for it
coloring chicken how ridiculous

karenz, Mar 19, 2:28am
Presumably Tegels use the same or similar food colourant since their smoked chicken is pink too.Personally I think pale grey chicken would be a little offputting.Farmed salmon is also coloured pink, not sure what they use but have been told a pink colourant is added to the food given to the salmon.