Smoked paprika

rainrain1, Mar 22, 3:14am
what is your favourite way of using it,any ideas would be great thanks

veejay13, Mar 22, 3:20am
I love it in stews cooked in the slow cooker.

bedazzledjewels, Mar 22, 3:24am
Just put some in a goulash. Beautiful stuff!

elliehen, Mar 22, 3:30am
Pumpkin soup

davidt4, Mar 22, 3:34am
I add a little to almonds when I roast them.

rainrain1, Mar 22, 4:14am
I'm guessing it might be quite nice in a cheese scone.would it!

elliehen, Mar 22, 4:22am
It might be a little dry and bitter.I think the flavour needs to come out through being sizzled in oil.

Why not experiment!I always put cayenne pepper into cheese scones.

olwen, Mar 22, 4:22am
Sprinkled on top of anything with a cheese topping.Used as part of the crum bmix for almost anything crumbed, and as part of the flour mix for coating roast spuds

elliehen, Mar 22, 4:25am
Yes, all of those things have the paprika mixing with fat or oil.I think in a dry scone mix it might not succeed. but is worth a try.

olwen, Mar 22, 4:54am
Sprinkled on top of the cheese scone with a little grated cheese

rainrain1, Mar 22, 5:11am
I am definately going to be more adventurous with smoked paprika, 'twould be yummy in the pumpkin soup

herself, Mar 23, 4:19am
It gives a fabulous depth to chilli con carne!

makespacenow, Mar 23, 4:36am
Used in many types of goulash.chicken paprika is another great one.search east european/hungarian recipes hot and sweet smoked paprika used in most dishes.

ruby19, Mar 23, 5:18am
I use a little if making mushroom dishes. I use unsmoked paprika in cheese and mushroom toasted sandwiches :-)

lythande1, Mar 23, 5:47am
Hungarian Paprika, they are not all equal, and they do have their own distinctive tastes too.

auburn4, Mar 23, 8:54am
I sprinkle it on fish before I smoke them, in gazpacho, stews and casseroles. It is perfection in pumpkin soup and can be use in other soups. Sprinkle some into the pot/slowcooker with the corned beef. Try garlic prawns with smoked paprika. use it in homemade stuffing for your roast chicken. Add to dry toasted nuts and seeds during toasting.

purplejo, Mar 23, 9:06am
I use it in scones & it's yummy. Have to not use too much though

gasman64, Mar 23, 2:39pm
it would be great as a rub on chicken wings.

roshu, Mar 23, 10:52pm
Yes! paired with cheese. Esp. cheese scones as mentioned.