Freezing help please, Smoked chicken...

charlieb2, Feb 13, 10:09am
Hi there, I'm trying to be a domestic goddess and do the homemade pizza thing instead of the yucky old deliveries... Now.. If I buy things like smoked chicken breast or those tegal chicken strips lime/coriander and pepperoni sticks... I only need to use half of them...

Are they ok to freeze for next time I have pizza?Would you need to defrost them first?

Any advice gratefully received.I've never done this before and am trying to be kinder to budget AND health by making at home

grouch, Feb 13, 10:28am
Yes, the smoked chicken breast freezes down no problems. Have done exactly the same thing with the smkd chicken breast.
And you can cut off what you need when they are frozen, it will thaw out quite quickly once sliced.

gardie, Feb 13, 5:19pm
You could also dice it - easy to crumble straight onto the pizza when frozen.I often have little packages of bits in the freezer for pizza.I keep a small amount from meals so that the cost of the pizza is very low.

jag5, Feb 13, 6:54pm
Can only freeze once though from raw.If cooked from frozen, then you can refreeze.Enjoy your home made pizzas...much better LOL