Fingerbun/Chelsea bun recipe on hottest baker last

michelle145, May 11, 12:13am
night.the online recipe says 100gms of flour to 600ml of milk! Does anyone have a tried and true recipe they can share please! Not sure this one is right!!

miri_s, May 11, 12:16am
sounds like they must have missed a zero on the end of the flour measure!Even then it still seems like a lot of milk.

cgvl, May 11, 12:18am
I didn't watch program, do they make a yeast dough or the old standard scone dough.
I have done both and prefer the scone dough with triple the filling in it.
but at a guess I would think the flour content would be closer to 1kg with that amount of milk.

kiwitel, May 11, 12:20am
They must have changed it- I just got this on the TVNZ site:
1000g bread flour
20g salt
50g softened butter
100g Chelsea White Sugar
25g instant active dried yeast
1 small egg
600ml warm water or milk

miri_s, May 11, 12:22am
It was a yeast dough.

michelle145, May 11, 4:14am
thanks, im trying it in the breadmaker now.lost my breadmaker instructions so im hoping the sweet dough mix setting doesn't cook and gives me a CHANCE TO make them into fingers!

donna_jo29, May 11, 4:33am
im just making this now they are in the oven as we speak i used 500gms of high grade flour, and 300mls of water.

donna_jo29, May 11, 4:34am
breakmaker yeast i used 25gms. and the breadmaker on dough. saves hand kneading and rising.

donna_jo29, May 11, 4:55am
haha just come out of the oven, 10minutes i hope so i took them out and they are sitting on the bench.

kiwitel, May 11, 6:20pm
The important thing . how did they taste!
I wrote down the recipe off the TVNZ site but will amend the recipe to cut down the salt if that worked okay for you. Dean had 20grams on his recipe! Did you only use 10g or suggest less!