New season Hottest Home Baker

nic2242, Mar 30, 8:51pm
Hey did everyone know a new season of Hottest Home Baker is going to be made! check out http://touchdowntv.net/areyounzsbestbaker. aspx it'll be amazing!

margyr, Mar 30, 10:11pm
well i cant apply, have worked/owned food places, oh well.

jag5, Mar 30, 11:19pm
One of our girls is trying to talk me into doing it. She reckons I would win hands down. I never watched any of the first series, but she said they weren't up to much, (I hope that doesn't offend anyone who was on it) LOLBut me thinks it is a younger persons game (she also wanted me to do Masterchef too, but I would have been exhausted after the first day! ! ! !

books4nz, Apr 2, 2:40am
Jag - there were people of all ages on the show - go for it. . good luck!

duckmoon, Apr 3, 3:56am
I didn't apply for Masterchef because they wanted people who want to start in the hospitality business...
which I don't have plans on - it seems like a young persons game...

BUT, I do have plans to continue to be a great home baker...

jag5, Apr 3, 4:52am
So... are you entering duckmoon?

juliewn, Apr 3, 11:19am
Go for it Duckmoon. . and let us know if you do so we can give you lots of encouragement here. . good luck. . :-)

duckmoon, Apr 4, 5:54am
Unfortuantely, no...
I sit on my couch and think "why on earth did you enter? ? ? ? ".
I don't want to be that person.

BUT, I am keen to have the kitchen makeover.

So, had planned to enter. BUT, applicants can not have worked in a commerical kitchen - chef, cook, or food prep.

When I was a student, I worked ina small cafe for a few months - Saturday and Sunday job... (full time during holidays).

So, not elligilbe... Will need to pay for my own kitchen *sob*

jag5, Apr 4, 7:16am
How long ago was that duckmoon? And were you "cooking" as such, or just preparing and serving. Who would know anyway LOL

duckmoon, Apr 4, 10:21am
There were two staff... One who did the counter, one who did the kitchen... I did the kitchen (and helped on the counter during the lunch rush)...

So, I was cooking. But I learned more from my mother, than from that kitchen job.

Actually, what I did learn was "don't work hard".
One Saturday, I looked at the time and thought "I have enough time to put another cake into the oven for tomorrow" (yes, the food which we sold was often cooked the previous day).

Anyway, because of that, when I cleaned up, the kitchen was "clean" but not "sparkly".

The boss phoned me at home and made a list of "significant problems" (like smears on the stainless steel). Anyway, what I learned that day was "be less productive, but polish more".

So, if I ever thought "do I have time to make another XXXX" - from then on, the answer would be "no"

Anyway, no one would know, expect the people who I worked with/for.

No big deal, unless you win - and they mention it to the producers...
Ethically, I just couldn't do it.

jag5, Dec 31, 9:42pm
Fair enough.