So disapointed brought a lamb leg roast for mother

Page 2 / 2
makespacenow, May 18, 12:17am
I was heavily pregnant with HG just couldn't be bothered walking back.

makespacenow, May 18, 12:22am
I know it is crazy one. Can buy nz lamb, apples, kiwis fruit etc in the UK for much less that here and much better quality too.waitress used to. Sell fresh nz lamb.it was the best .i always say before landing un the UK.can't wait to have nz lamb!

iman007, May 18, 12:24am
same, ditto, lol

iman007, May 18, 12:26am
agree, was in london some time ago and leg lamb was definitely cheaper than here

rainrain1, May 18, 2:49am
the poor wee blighter might not have been fed right before being sold to the butcher

mossum, May 18, 6:45am
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/search/default.aspx!searchBox=lamb&N=4294771058

I think the person quoting uk prices was using lbs rather than kg's !

makespacenow, May 18, 7:11am
no they are often on special half price or less.or buy one get one free BOGOF.in sainsburys too .not unusual to even buy leg of lamb for five pounds! 12years Dh llived there.only ibn nz we pay top dollar for not as good quality food.
Miss the anchor cheese and butter too.Again heaps cheaper in the UK.

kuaka, May 18, 10:38am
No, I wasn't.I was there a couple of years ago myself and it was definitely 3.99 kg (that was pounds sterling per kilo).

kuaka, May 18, 10:40am
And there was a program on tv late the other night (it was a couple of years old) about chickens, and they were selling whole chickens in the UK for 1.99 pounds sterling.It's been many years since you could buy a whole chicken here for that price.

nfh1, May 18, 10:48am
Chickens are very cheap in the UK, lots of competition and it is often used as a loss leader.Lamb is quite expensive, I have never seen it at GBP3.99 for years, it is usually more expensive than pork and beef.I return twice a year and in March/April Lamb in Tesco was about 12.50GBP per kilo for a joint.

dreamers, May 18, 10:54am
We used to buy NZ lamb in Belgium cheaper than it is here,and it was Kgs.