2.2kg Pork roast, dont have an oven only

jills3, May 3, 9:58pm
a electric frypan or slow cooker.When I cook in electric frypan I usually cover it with water and boil it,so its really only boiled meat.Which would you recommend e. frypan or slow cooker! if slow cooker do I put water in with it!All hints gratefully received, thank you.

xtownie, May 3, 10:03pm
I would use a slow cooker and put about 1 cup water, 1 cup pineapple juice (orange or cranberry juice is also good) or white white, handful of sage, a chopped onion or any other yummy seasoning that takes your fancy. Only have enough liquid to be about 2 inches deep in the slow cooker, even if now and then you just baste it with those juices.

cgvl, May 3, 10:07pm
I roast meat in the electric frypan. Heat to 180C or 350F (depending on age of frypan). put a little oil in bottom to stop meat sticking. Meat in and cover with lid. It will take about 2½ to 3 hours to cook (same as in oven). Turn over half way through. Can add roast vegies with an hour to go also.

jills3, May 3, 10:09pm
Thank you so much xtownie and cgvl for replies,just great.

jaybee6, May 4, 4:39am
I do mine in slow cooker but Iput it into an oven bag with salt and seasoning. Comes out divine. No crunchy skinthough.It falls apart delish.

beaker59, May 4, 10:11am
My Mum used to do this all the time she preferred it to the oven I guess cos she hated oven cleaning.

nik12, May 4, 1:22pm
My Nan always did the roast (including vege) in the electric frypan.
I use my slow cooker for meat all the time, but nothing beats a good roast potato! I do them in the oven, but Nan's in the frypan were just as good.Just not enough room for the amount of vege needed for my family, otherwise I would do the same!