Where to buy FRESH lemongrass?

mattdylan, Apr 12, 3:20am
Hi there, does anyone konw where to buy fresh lemongrass from! In auckland. and not the frozen stuff, it's not the same :)

olwen, Apr 12, 3:22am
Try the garden centres

mattdylan, Apr 12, 3:27am
I dont want to grow it though

norse_westie, Apr 12, 4:38am
I've seen it in plastic pacs in PakNSave.

I use a lot so I grow it. Bung into a pot, leave and cut when wanted. Couldn't be easier.

geldof, Apr 12, 5:04am
Try the Asian stores/markets.
Easy to grow in a pot though.
I have a huge clump.

nzbadger, Apr 14, 3:35am
I've seen it fresh & frozen in Akld Asian stores

iriegirl, Apr 14, 4:22am
If all else fails, you could try the lemongrass in a jar, its not too bad and better than none at all.

cookessentials, Apr 14, 7:37am
what about IE Produce!

tehenga288, Apr 15, 5:43am
not sure on the Shore but usually some at Avondale Mkt & there's a Thai stall at the Ranui Fri twilight mkt that has it so maybe one of your local mkts or Asian food stores - bound to be some at the Northcote shopping centre

cookessentials, Apr 15, 7:16am
http://www.ieproduce.com/default.aspYou can buy online too. You can always give them a call and ask.

slp123, Apr 15, 7:44am
avondale market on sunday
always have them,

leebee35, Apr 15, 8:50am
Correct -Avondale market. there is a lovely Asian lady with the best set of teeth.she always has it.

zuggle, Apr 15, 9:50am
I used this tonight in a fragrant lemongrass fish recipe - could not taste the difference.

fisher, Apr 15, 11:39am
I use it and grow it myself as well. thing is I have to grow 2 lots and protect our lot ( human consumption) from the 3 poodles we have.They adore it and we have a long planter growing,just for the dogs. It gets put away/up after they have had a chew.LOL. spoilt huh:}}}

rob, Mar 20, 8:30pm
Rovon growers Auckland best quality 09 235 1377

micheal_grant, Aug 3, 1:08am
The Lemongrass company in Auckland (Rovon growers) a very good restaurant grade product at a great price 0210727557