Coconut sticky rice with bruleed fresh pineapple

dealz4all, Jun 20, 7:59am
I went to Chow restaurant and they had this to die for "Coconut sticky rice with bruleedfresh pineapple" it was the best desert I've had...Anyone got a rice for it.? The rice was almost transparent in the pudding.Recipes please as I can't stop thinking about it :)

norse_westie, Jun 20, 9:35am
It sounds divine. I hope someone has a recipe.

firemansgirl, Jun 20, 10:27am
Why don't you ask the restaurant for the recipe?

dealz4all, Jun 21, 7:59am
I went to Chow restaurant and they had this to die for "Coconut sticky rice with bruleedfresh pineapple" it was the best desert I've had.Anyone got a rice for it.! The rice was almost transparent in the pudding.Recipes please as I can't stop thinking about it :)

firemansgirl, Jun 21, 10:27am
Why don't you ask the restaurant for the recipe!

johne21, Jun 22, 3:01am
I rang today they don't share recipes...bugger!!! Anyone know how to make it. It's cooked in coconut milk.

rover110, Jun 22, 3:52am
I'm made a lot of creamy rice puds in my time when I worked as a cook in a rest home, try using coconut milk instead of milk, the best rice to use is short grained although I haven't seen short grained rice in any supermarket for a long time so medium grain seams to do the same thing. I'm not sure what kind of rice they would have used but you can experiment and see how you go.

squeakygirl, Jun 22, 4:48am
Lots of recipes on Google.

deus701, Jun 22, 4:53am
did you take a picture? what specific flavours did u taste?
I took a look at their menu..they have Lime posset with pineapple salsa. I think they might have used the same pineapple salsa and called it bruleed pineapples.

if it was me, i probably infuse coconut milk with pandan and cook the rice with it. For the pineapples i would saute with butter 1st, make a small amount of caramel & deglaze it with the pineapple juice, put in some cinnamon & ginger powder before tossing the rest of the pineapple pieces with it.

johne21, Jun 22, 7:27am
Hi deus701...thanks for you helpful ideas...the pineapple was different tasting on the Lime Posset as I had this desert then tried my husbands Coconut Sticky Rice with burled pineapple. I could taste coconut milk, and the rice was translucent the pineapple was layered on top and sugar on topblow torched on top. How do you think they got the rice translucent and I wonder what rice they used?

muppet65, Jun 22, 12:31pm
omg that sounds so delicious

johne21, Jun 23, 3:01am
I rang today they don't share recipes.bugger! Anyone know how to make it. It's cooked in coconut milk.

rover110, Jun 23, 3:52am
I'm made a lot of creamy rice puds in my time when I worked as a cook in a rest home, try using coconut milk instead of milk, the best rice to use is short grained although I haven't seen short grained rice in any supermarket for a long time so medium grain seams to do the same thing. I'm not sure what kind of rice they would have used but you can experiment and see how you go.

deus701, Jun 23, 4:53am
did you take a picture! what specific flavours did u taste!
I took a look at their menu.they have Lime posset with pineapple salsa. I think they might have used the same pineapple salsa and called it bruleed pineapples.

if it was me, i probably infuse coconut milk with pandan and cook the rice with it. For the pineapples i would saute with butter 1st, make a small amount of caramel & deglaze it with the pineapple juice, put in some cinnamon & ginger powder before tossing the rest of the pineapple pieces with it.

johne21, Jun 23, 7:27am
Hi deus701.thanks for you helpful ideas.the pineapple was different tasting on the Lime Posset as I had this desert then tried my husbands Coconut Sticky Rice with burled pineapple. I could taste coconut milk, and the rice was translucent the pineapple was layered on top and sugar on topblow torched on top. How do you think they got the rice translucent and I wonder what rice they used!